Fuse Removal | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Fuse Removal

• Thread starter Thread starter JoAnne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blew the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I've popped the panel off inside the passenger compartment and have tried with no success to remove the fuse with the little plastic tool they've provided.
I have loads of experience removing the old fashioned glass tube fuses, but I've never blown a fuse in a "modern" car!
Is there a trick to getting these things out or do I resort to grabbing the needle nosed pliers and forcing it out? 😕

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joann,you should be able to get it out with plastic tool.grab it in middle and pull straight back.if all else fails use needle nose pliers.
john

John: I haven't looked, but if that doesn't work, could she pry it from one end with a very small screwdriver?

Lighter needs to stay broken

I agree, leave it broken. It's only good for smoking and cell phone plug in and both are not good while driving. She will probably never write in again; she ask for help and gets this kind of flack. In reality, this is all just a cover up because we don't have a good answer.

Jetbird

George! Bird! Don't tell her how to fix it.........she needs to stop smoking any way!
I agree, leave it broken. It's only good for smoking and cell phone plug in and both are not good while driving. She will probably never write in again; she ask for help and gets this kind of flack. In reality, this is all just a cover up because we don't have a good answer.

Jetbird

Wow you guys are brutal😀 😀 I guess someday I'll have to look in the book and find out where the fuses are myself, since I never knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back