Ford T-Bird sales not flying | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Ford T-Bird sales not flying

• Thread starter Thread starter NMJeff
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three Ford Dealer within 15 miles of my home. One still has two 02 Birds and another just sold there last one for $5000 off sticker. All three have received an 03 but none have sold. I'm not sure if spring will make these cars move and suspect
discounts will be needed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Responce from Ford follows.

Thank you for your message of 02/21/03 regarding your 2002 Ford
Thunderbird. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us in
regards to your feedback on the production of this vehicle.

We apologise for any frustration you may have experienced as a result of
this situation.

Ford of Canada is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford and
Lincoln-Mercury customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all
divisions within Ford of Canada and serves to provide us with insight
into areas where we may need improvement.

When customers send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our
efforts to build the finest automotive products in the industry. We
have documented your comments to our Marketing Department for future
reference and hope that future experiences with Ford products will
outweigh this one.

Mr. Barrand, we hope your ownership experience has not been tarnished by
this situation. Our goal is to strive to provide excellent customer
service to valued customers such as yourself. We we value you as a
customer, and should you have any other questions or concerns, please
feel free to contact us again as we would be happy to assist you.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Kent
Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd.
Customer Relationship Centre

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full accent
NM wheels Canada
notadailydriver

Leisha, The response from Ford reads like a stock form letter that can cover a miriad of problems and sound genuine. Too bad someone from these large companies isn't able to spend the time with a genuine response.

Sorry, Quickdraw. I completely disagree.

By introducing an "upscale" luxury sports car, Ford is pursuing a new demographic. If the T-Bird is to succeed, the marketing and customer relationship must differ from that of its typical customers, who might buy a Focus, F150, Taurus, or a Harley-Davidson truck.

In marketing the T-Bird, Ford is dealing with a different breed. The future T-Bird customer relationship must be significantly upgraded, from the time the customer walks into the showroom, to the sale itself, to support after the sale. People with $40 - $45K to drop on a wonderful, but impractical car are sophisticated and have very high expectations. Many are the type of person you'd find in a Lexus dealership - people who just might be willing to try domestic cars again BECAUSE of the T-Bird. They expect the car company to LISTEN and RESPOND to them.

The good news is that Ford is drawing these customers in with a fabulous product in the T-Bird. The bad news is that the dealers don't have a clue how to deal with them. My experience with 4 dealerships in LA was downright horrendous. I could write 5 pages on how much they screwed up with high-pressure tactics, bold-face lies, and unresponsiveness. Three times, I walked away, telling myself it wasn't worth the effort.

In the end, the T-Bird itself won me over. And I got what I wanted through a very painful bargaining process: The exact '03 I wanted at a great price, way under sticker.

Would other similar buyers go through this hell? I doubt it.

If Ford Motor Company doesn't want to make changes in the way it deals with upscale T-Bird customers, then it should greatly lower its expectations for the long-term sales of the Bird.

Meanwhile, I'm hanging back, loving the car itself. In a way, it's a miracle such a great car ever got made. Ford, are you listening? Long live the T-Bird! Give it the home and attention it deserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back