Ford Giveaways | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Ford Giveaways

• Thread starter Thread starter raretbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R
I saw an article that said that Ford gave away a model car with the exact color of the owners car. I heard that there are five boxes.
Please post information on these Ford T-Bird Giveaways.

What were the five items in the boxes.

How long did it take to receive yours after you purchased the car.

Was the interior the same as your car?

If you had a hard top that was different color than the body was the model identical?

Please post an address where I can see photos of the giveaways... or email me photos transam00@direcway.com

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This was a collectors edition issued, by Ford, for the early buyers. Their dealers had to sign you up for this. It was due, I think, in part for the long extended wait of production.
Box 1: A (all of them 7" sq.) Red covered book of moments worth waiting for and two metal bookends (1/4 round) with port holes in them, with the Thunderbird script.
Box 2:A yellow covered book describing the design process and a sheet of yellow tbird static clings.
Box 3: A Blue (acqua suede)book discussing some of the elements that went into the design. Including fabric. The last page opened up to a late night drive with the top down and flashing (Stars) lights in the sky.
Box 4: A white book about what to expect when you drive this machine (and coping with 'stardom'). A convertable model the color of your car, with the tonneau cover on it.
Box 5: A Black book to keep your journal in. Places gone to, people met, interesting moments and on & on. Also included is a form to send to Ford to have an engraved plate made with your info and serial number on it.

This was a very well thought out program and I'm sure very limited due to costs.
Finally, each separate black box containing these items was marked on the front with a Thunderbird logo that wrapped around the box. These logos were in different places. What you didn't know until you received the final box was that when the black boxes were placed standing on a book shelf, you saw one long Thunderbird logo going across the entire set of boxes.
Exciting? You bet it was and worth the wait. I wouldn't part with it for anything!
I hope this answers your question good enough.
George

Raretbird-

I have a full set in the original boxes that I am asking $500.00 for. If you want to make me a credible offer, I'm listening. Otherwise it's going to e-bay to the highest bidder.

cheers

Originally posted by raretbird:
I saw an article that said that Ford gave away a model car with the exact color of the owners car. I heard that there are five boxes.
Please post information on these Ford T-Bird Giveaways.

What were the five items in the boxes.

How long did it take to receive yours after you purchased the car.

Was the interior the same as your car?

If you had a hard top that was different color than the body was the model identical?

Please post an address where I can see photos of the giveaways... or email me photos transam00@direcway.com

Originally posted by RACERROGER:
CTBob, Please check your private message box.

Just so everyone knows, a message is sent out via email letting people know they have private messages. (unless they otherwise specify)

There is no part number. It was a limited edition that some dealers signed up the people that ordered early. There are none left and will not be any more made per a contact at Ford.
Therefore, your best bet, if you want a set, would be the people here on site or take your chances on an auction.
Good Luck

As I mentioned., I have a complete set in original boxes with a blue Bird model. I will sell for $350.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi CtBob- I sent a message yesterday and hadn't heard from you yet. If you still have the set for sale, I'll purchase it from you for your price + s/h. Please let me know. Thanks. FUN X 3 [Phil Kutz]
Home email- pjkutz@*******
Work email- pkutz@unitedlitho.com
Originally posted by CTBob:
As I mentioned., I have a complete set in original boxes with a blue Bird model. I will sell for $350.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back