Ford Extended Warranty | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Ford Extended Warranty

• Thread starter Thread starter avrancart
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing the 7 Year extended warranty for 36K miles for my 2004 which I bought new and only has approx 1000 miles on it as of today. They want $1423 for this extended warranty. Any positive or negative thoughts on this?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you continue driving the car at your current rate you will have approx. 3300 miles on it when the 7 years is up! 😀 Not much of a deal but, If you plan to keep the car and actually drive it............then you better get the warranty because as you will find out (the more you learn about these cars,) your going to need it! 😱

Hey George! I was told just today be a newly retired Ford life'er who moved to my area last month, that the tranny in these birds is made in France! ? 😕 Is that true? 🙄

Extended waranty

I am contemplating purchasing the 7 Year extended warranty for 36K miles for my 2004 which I bought new and only has approx 1000 miles on it as of today. They want $1423 for this extended warranty. Any positive or negative thoughts on this?

After I bought my 2002 last august I got the extended waranty but it cost $2100. Bumper to bumper till 2013 or 100,000 miles. It covers everything except routine maintenance or accidents

The warranty companies obviously are charging enough to come out ahead, and the odds are in their favor, so wouldn't you be better off to invest your 1400.00 in a mutual fund for 7 years and pay for repairs?

When I purchased the 05 t'bird for my wife, I purchased the warranty. !400 or so dollars. So far, (25k miles in 2 years), the factory warranty has taken care of a couple of things. For those who have followed my events with the turn signal, be advised that my wife took the car to the dealer on Tuesday, last, they checked it out, ordered the parts and Thursday called to say the car was ready.
She has gone to ge it today (1PM Central time.) She also got a rental car. I will be interested to see if she is as satisfied this time as the last time she had work done.
GET THE WARRANTY!!! She was told the diagnostic tests would be $75 if she didn't have insurance. And the part that was replaced last time was 400 dollars and labor 600 or so.
Over a 1000 dollars out of pocket if it happened after 36K miles and no insurance.....

You can try "warranty direct" or someone on another thread suggested that you can go on line and check prices.
There will be a place where you have to enter your email address. After a few days when you don't place your order they will come back to you with a nice discount off the same plan.
Another possibility is Budco who, I understand, handles Ford exteded warranties

Last edited:
Get the warranty before they change their mind. If you have a transmission or internal engine repair, the warranty cost will be 1/2 what the bill could be.

If you continue driving the car at your current rate you will have approx. 3300 miles on it when the 7 years is up! 😀 Not much of a deal but, If you plan to keep the car and actually drive it............then you better get the warranty because as you will find out (the more you learn about these cars,) your going to need it! 😱

Hey George! I was told just today be a newly retired Ford life'er who moved to my area last month, that the tranny in these birds is made in France! ? 😕 Is that true? 🙄
Anezangl:
Sorry, I must have missed your question before. I do not believe that they were built in France but let me check on it for you.

This thread is about extended warranties and somehow got into Transmissions being US or French. I believe that this is importent to others so will post an answer on a Transmission thread - See thread TBird Transmission U.S. built

Thought I'd follow up.
Wife got the car back, turn signals work fine. as do the lights. Bill was 68 bucks. part and labor. Rental car for 4 days. All covered by the warranty.
When we bought the bird, I asked if we could wait until we approached the 36K mark. Answer is yes.
However, I believe that they would take a look at the service record, and if it was a lot, they'd probably charge more to extend the warranty to 6 years or 75K miles.
Just a comment.
Jim

I believe the most important thing would be the mileage. No one wanted to know anything about my service record.
When I bought my extended warranty they wanted to know the mileage on the car. They told me that since it was under 10,000, at the time, that it was less expensive.
My daily driver is the same. Although I did not buy the extended warranty on it, it would have been less if I bought it when I purchased the car. The next price point was at just under 10,000 miles.
I am not sure if that would be true in all automobile cases though.
So if you drive a lot of miles, do some research for yourself, get quotes.

warranty

Mine came from: Dealer Warranty Services, 3710 Mueller Rd, St Charles, Mo 63301 Phone # 800-940-4199. Mine was rather expensive ($2261) but I figure with all the electronics on board just one fix will almost pay for it. They do have a 30 day and 1000 miles from purchase date before coverage takes place. It is good to 100,000 miles or 7 years. Mine expires on 09/25/2013. Hope this helps.

Dear Thunderbird Forum Members,
I hope you are all well and enjoying driving your lovely cars in the spring sunshine!
I was wondering to meself if I could have one of them extended warranties on me 2002 Thunderbird? would any of you grand lads know? I am in England mind, so would that cause any strangeness from the Ford crowd? I am very scared of anything going wrong with me car now, after reading all the complaints on here, I was really contented with me lovely red bird untill I came here! I am even thinking of getting rid of it and buying a Facel Vega!

Pudgey x

Roy: I'm not sure if any of the extended or aftermarket warranty people cover the UK
One of the larger ones is warranty direct....you may want to contact them or do a web search for such an item.
Whatever you do, don't sell it. These are great cars and there's plenty of miles in them. Rick at world class wheels in CA has 120,000 miles on his. There's a Gal in TX that has 60,000 on hers.
Put the comments aside and enjoy the ride!! has

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back