Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one contract the service plan

Which one
Base Care
Extra Care
Premium Care
Quality Care

How long after you revice your car do you have to contract the plan ( 30 days ? one year ? )

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Brooklyn, If I am not mistaken you have up to 3 yrs to take out the extended plan.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I know that the prices of the extended warranties are negotiable. What kind of prices have people been paying for a 7 year, 75,000 mile with $50 deductable?

I purchased the Ford Premium Care ESP extended warranty for 7 years or 75,000 miles with a $50.00 deductible for $1,175.00. I was told the dealer cost was $1,075.00. You can probably make a few calls and find a dealer that will match that price.

Originally posted by Gobird:
Brooklyn, If I am not mistaken you have up to 3 yrs to take out the extended plan.

Yes, but don't forget, then you cannot finance it.

I purchased the 7 yr 100,000 mile warranty with no cost to me for service and the dealer cost was $1,910. They wanted $3,000 over MSRP so I ask them to throw this warranty in as part of the deal and they did.

------------------
Paul
02 T-Bird Yellow
95 Bronco
85 Mustang GT Conv't
01 Acura 3.2 TL
99 Honda VFR Interceptor

Originally posted by PaulH:
no cost to me for service and the dealer cost was $1,910.

The dealership has a "cost" on the warranty which was absorbed buy you somehow. I saw the markups on the warranties about 1 year ago on all cars in general, and there is not a huge markup, but fairly decent (hundreds of dollars) If I recall, the card that has the prices on them has retail on one side, and wholesale on the other side of it, so if they hand you the card, flip it over, and watch them squirm.

Originally posted by tbird:
The dealership has a "cost" on the warranty which was absorbed buy you somehow.

I think what Paul was saying was that the package he bought, he got at dealer's cost, and that package is one that he doesn't pay for scheduled services (or warrantied items for 7 yrs, 100,000 miles).

Yes, the warranty that I recieved had a dealer cost of $1,910. It does not cover scheduled maintenance though. It provides the same coverage as the original 3 year/36 month warranty that most Ford cars come with. I only wanted to provide everyone with the Dealer Cost of such coverage. I hope it helps with someone elses negotiations when tring to purchase extended coverage.

On the ESP issue, remember that you don't have to buy the ESP contract from the selling dealer. I know of some fellow dealers that are holding artificially high prices on ESP on Birds to help make more gross. It pays to ask a couple other dealers if you are interested in an ESP contract. And PLEASE don't buy any other brand of extended service contract, you'll thank me later. John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back