FINALLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from five staight days of driving my new car and put 6000 miles on her! JUST KIDDING!

Actually, I pick her up on Friday and drove around pretty much all day, then I had to go out of town on business and am just now able to post some comments.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! My wife says it's the most beautiful car she's ever seen (and she's not a car person). The day after I picked up the car was the three year anniversary of putting down a deposit to get on a waiting list. WOW! It was worth the wait!

It's great on the road. I was up to 90 mph before I even realized it. Very comfortable ride. The little things that have been discussed on this board are a somewhat annoying, but are very minor compared to the excitement I get and the interest from strangers. Amazing!

Those of you still waiting, be patient. You'll be glad you bought this car.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Got it and love it! GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good deal-now, Tip, I need you to give me a call tomorrow night-need to chat with you about the promo items for Thunder.

------------------
**********, **************************

Will do Tony. What time should I call (eastern or central time)?

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Got it and love it! GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

Tip: My salesman says the trucker just called him for directions to his dealership, that there's a red Bird on the truck. He asked me if I'd be able to sleep all weekend, I said I doubt it. I'll be picking it up Monday afternoon.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Good for you, Jim. I hope the weather will allow you to drive it. I just got back from a road trip to Chicago. Driving around the southern tip of Lake Michigan this time of year is always a treat. Ran into snow in Chi-town, rain, freezing rain and snow on the way home. The car handled surprisingly well. Had to slow down a bit (to 55-60), but that's always a smart thing to do anyway.
Didn't see another one in Chicago, except for on a couple of large billboards (blue ones, too). A lot of great reactions as is expected.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

Tip,

Congratulations! I'm triple red Number 111871, ETA March 18th. We just had a beautiful weekend here, and I was sure wishing for that car on Saturday.

Tip: Picked up JWBIRD at 5:00 drove it the 38 miles home and haven't stopped smiling yet. Life is good. WHAT A RIDE!!!

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Tip, congratulations on delivery of your new car! I'm looking forward to meeting you in Grand Rapids this August, when you, ECWilson and I bring our three premium T-birds together for a bluebird mini-parade. Mark the first week of the month on your calendar.

Your trip to Chicago this weekend was quite an accomplishment. According to my sister [who lives in Grand Rapids]:

Turns out we got a total of 15.6" of snow over the weekend with a record breaking 13.5" of it coming on Saturday. I shoveled a couple of hours between the two days. On Saturday it was like throwing buckets of water because it was so wet and heavy. The temps were quite comfortable. Today, however, is the coldest day of this winter season with windchills below zero all day. They are saying high 40's by the end of the week!!
I'm surprised you could even see over the snowbanks!
smile.gif
Just makes me appreciate our beautiful early Spring weather on the coast that much more. Happy cruising!

niteflight,

Your big day will be here before you know it. Hang in there!

Jim,

I'm happy for you! Are you still driving it?

tr,

I actually lucked out on my trip. Missed all the really bad stuff, but was still a little challenging. Have lived in the Midwest all my life but haven't had a rear wheel driver in a while so I couldn't be too careless. Look forward to August!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

tr - I have you on my calendar. Are you going on the Thunder on 66? Tip is thinking, but not certain yet. My wife and I are registered and geared up!

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

BB, I guess I'm in the thinking, but not certain category, too. The timing of my trip to Michigan was based on joining the group in Chicago. This is going to be a major production, and the person who runs the show is going to have to deal with a lot of difficult situations. Even our recent California cruise had its share of problems to overcome. So count me in for the drive East, but I'm still considering the return route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back