Extended Service Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased my 2003 T-bird back in March of this year. The original owner had the ESP (Premium Care) which transferred to me for $ 50.00. Yesterday I picked my 03 up from the dealer after having some maintenance and warranty work done (power lock actuator replaced) I was surprised to learn that I got charged $99 to recalibrate the PCM (Power train control module) to the latest available update. I was experiencing harsh shifts between 1st and 2nd gear. The adjustment to the PCM seemed too worked. I called Ford today and they also verified that adjustments to the PCM are not covered under the ESP. Has anyone had the PCM recalibrated? It now shifts smoother than before.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

PCM Recalibrations

I had a similar experience with my '02 a few weeks ago. My extended warranty was about to run out and I was experiencing the common problem of a dead battery if the car was not started for a couple of weeks. As expected, they said they could not find a problem with the electrical system (other than a bad battery) and I ended up paying for a new battery, the diagnostic test, and the module reflash. At least my dealer was considerate enough to check in with me before reflashing the module- I agreed to the cost up front. Guess it can't complain- that's the first time I've had to return it to a dealer in five years.

This is good to know, when I bought my 02 new, I purchased Fords 7 year
ESP. So mine is good till October 2009. I think good to 48k miles, but
since it only has 6k now, that will be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back