Exoticar products

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
I just received the new catalog from Exoticar-nothing on the "Die Another Day" Coral Thunderbird, but did notice that the Aston-Martin Vanquish that Brosnan drives is there. Also-they are offering 1/12 scale R/C Thunderbirds in turquoise and red Sports Roadster versions.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know what their catalog says but I'd talk to them on the phone and have them get a model in hand - with the box and a ruler.

It's made by Nkok and they're 1/16th scale - quite a bit of difference between 1/12 and 1/16. I have a picture of it on 2002 diecast page. The model is nice but the description on Exoticar's website sucks. They haven't changed it since I complained about it last December other than to put in that the model is 1/16. The model is 11" long and not the 15" described on their website - their site also says a battery charger comes with the system - for free - but it doesn't work for the batteries that are required in the model.

A 1/18 scale 2002 Thunderbird is about 10inches long so 11inches for a 1/16 model is about right.

Price is OK but that model can be found for less though don't know who else is carrying them right now.

They do have a return policy so I'd check into that too if you're going to order it.

-

I don't plan on ordering their r/c model-but I'm still waiting to see if Parma or Deans makes a 2002 body for my nitro r/c model. Right now it has a Firebird body on it.

If someone does make one, it will have to be one that has the hardtop in place-otherwise you'll have to cut the body to make room for the heatsink head on the motor.

I won't buy Tyco-

The R/C car I have is a 1/10 scale HPI Nitro RS4 2 belt-drive 4WD on-road car. It uses a Trinity Picco .15 two-stroke engine that burns 20% Nitro and propels the car to a top speed of just over 82mph. So the toys that they sell are just not suitable for me. LOL

Originally posted by Birdman93:
I won't buy Tyco-

The R/C car I have is a 1/10 scale HPI Nitro RS4 2 belt-drive 4WD on-road car. It uses a Trinity Picco .15 two-stroke engine that burns 20% Nitro and propels the car to a top speed of just over 82mph. So the toys that they sell are just not suitable for me. LOL

That sounds sweet!

Tbird

some added info. Checked out the diecasts on Ford's iCollection site and they list the NKOK RC model there - at $54.00 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back