Excessive weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Heelbird...it's been two whole minutes, and Joelja hasn't responded...

Gee, I sure hope he's ok!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

He'll probably need oxygen when he gets the call...

Joelja...love ya man! I'm excited for you!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

You're right Fly...I wonder if he actually got his today and is out burning up the roads. Just so the stress didn't finally get to him!

Actually just got back from an enjoyable evening on Lake lanier. Tried to get my mind off the car for a few hours.

So what happens? First we see a red one
heading east on Buford Dam Road about 6:00pm about a mile from the lake heading toward Ga. 400 with the hard top on. Anyone we know????

then one of the couple's we were with informs me that their friends have had a blue one for about 2 months. Anyone we know???

So much for getting your mind off of the car.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

-

Still waiting....the car is on the train today headed for Atlanta....maybe a couple more days.....GEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Coming in via rail? Have you put your ear to the track to see if the train is coming???

I can sense your excitement. Boy, are you in for a treat!!

As Luke Skywalker said---almost there,,,,,,almost there......

Heelbird,
Thanks for asking....yes I am
still waiting.
My car is on railcar ETTX906019 of Norfolk-Southern train #287 headed to the mixing yard at Shelbeyville, Kentucky. It is due into Shelbeyville at 8:45PM today(Saturday).

From there it is put on train #282 to Atlanta with an ETA of 6:00PM Sunday.

It arrives at the railhead and is offloaded
and placed on a large lot operated by a company called Allied Systems. The lot is in south Atlanta (actually Hapeville) near the airport.

Allied Systems , by contract, must have all cars delivered by truck within 48 hours from the time they hit the lot.

So, if my car hits their lot on Sunday at 6:00PM , my car should be at the dealer, which is only 45 minutes away, sometime Monday or Tuesday.

Four days before the long awaited and much heralded GREAT GEORGIA THUNDERBIRD ROAD RALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions??

------------------

frown.gif
joelja, What was that thing I saw on the late night news last night about a TRAIN WRECK, think they said something about a couple dozen new T-Birds being totaled in the accident.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm sure that yours wasn't one of them.They said something about a PT Cruiser cutting off the train at a crossing.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

My car went thru Shelbyville. I think it takes a long time because they take them off the train and teach them to walk. (Shelbyville is a center for Tennessee walking horses).

Looking forward to seeing you in it at the GEORGIA RALLY.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White, with chrome hood scoop bezel

Joel;

Have you come up with any names for your baby yet? How about "Finally" or "About darn time" or "Hello Beautiful"?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

No names yet, marty.

just sitting here with baited breath. Tell me about your car and how you are enjoying it.

look forward to seeing ya'll Saturday.

joel;

To tell the truth, I don't know which is better, driving it or just standing back and looking at it. We went over to Mom and Dads when we got it and let them go for a test drive and yesterday out of the blue Dad shows up at the house and goes into "Bruiser's" room and just stands there looking at him (what's up with that?). I guess he likes looking at the car too. He also tried to lay a guilt trip on me when we took them for a drive. He told me I was the reason he couldn't get a 55' Bird when they came out. I was 2 at the time so ya'll know the story, only 2 seats, very poor "family" car. I told him sorry about that but he wasn't getting my 02' Bird. We are going for a drive in the country today since it looks to be a good day for it. Also Tam drives it to work a couple days a week when she feels like she needs some stress reduction. You will also have to learn how to drive VERY defensivly as you will either have someone try to get too close or cause traffic problems or wrecks while gauking at your car. Looking forward to the rally and I guess you will be back to close to normal since you will have your Bird.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back