Engineer Signatures on 2002 motor Nancy Lee Gioia | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Engineer Signatures on 2002 motor Nancy Lee Gioia

• Thread starter Thread starter Souette
  • Start date Start date
Souette
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I was just wondering if there was any significance of having the 2002 motor on my yellow T-Bird signed by the design engineers. I was just curious if anyone has this as I was the 2nd owner and the 1st owner had passed away.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was just wondering if there was any significance of having the 2002 motor on my yellow T-Bird signed by the design engineers. I was just curious if anyone has this as I was the 2nd owner and the 1st owner had passed away.
Hemi cuda yes, T-Birds I doubt it

Yes, there are others that were signed at events over the years. Who signed yours? Nancy Gioia has signed quite a few things over the years and was the Chief engineer of the retro Ford Thunderbird.

These signatures are a big deal and treasured by those of us who are original owners or have had our cars for a long time. It usually means that we had an opportunity to meet these folks in person and talk with them about the TBird project. These signatures will usually be for the chief engineer (Nancy Gioia), chief designer (Doug Gafka), project manager (Jim Youngs) and project launch mgr (Mark Grassnig). Not only is my car signed but I have model cars with their signatures and photos taken with them. If your car is signed car be certain to protect it from damage. They have been known to be damaged or removed by technicians, etc.

@Skip Panowitz Can you post some photos of the signatures in this thread?

Yes, there are others that were signed at events over the years. Who signed yours? Nancy Gioia has signed quite a few things over the years and was the Chief engineer of the retro Ford Thunderbird.

Yes. There are two signatures. One I can read: Nancy Lee Gioi(o/s), Thunderbird chief Engineer and the other appears to be Mark Grassnig, 2.0 Prog. Mgr.

4CA93FD9-3E54-4DA1-9DFC-9AB88EF3B02D.jpeg3881945E-0095-4845-821F-479C8B277202.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did they sign exactly so others of us can look? Or is it very obvious?

Mine's signed too! by previous owner. 2004 Premium Ice Blue Metallic. Nancy replied to my facebook inquiries and was very pleasant. I think she loves us!
TBird underhood signed.JPG

Better late than never. Attached is the photo of Nancy Gioia's signature on my '02 Thunderbird. It was a pleasure meeting her. I was in her company several times including the 60th anniversary event in Dearborn where she signed my car. I first met her at the launch event in July 2001 when my car had not even been built yet. I have also included photos of model cars with the signatures of the key team members. I think Gioia's signature, and likely the others, has significance now and will continue to be important to the retro TBirds much like Franklin Hershey's is for the '55s. As I noted previously, it is very important to protect these signatures on the actual cars with some type of clear coating. Several folks have had the signature's "erased" by careless technicians.
Signature - Gioia - Engine Compartment.jpgSignature - Gioia Signature On Model Car.jpgSignature - models cars - Youngs, Grassnig - Gafka.jpg

Here is the one on my PCR, I met Nancy at a get together with fordthunderbirdforum in New Orleans.DSC01429.JPG

Back