ELECTRIC/HOT SMELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFTER SITTING FOR 5 DAYS IN THE GARAGE BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER, WE NOTICED AN ELECTRIC OR HOT SMELL WHEN WE GOT IN THE CAR BEFORE WE STARTED IT UP. ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS EXPERENCE? THANKS 02TBIRD

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not sure if it is relevant but I just had a smell problem fixed last week on another car that turned out to be a minute drip from the automatic tailshaft seal onto the cat converter. Had the seal replaced and smell gone.

02tbird, I haven't noticed anything like that lately, and my car sits in my garage for 5-day stretches between weekends. When I was on my initial 2,500-mile trip back to California I did notice an electric smell a few times, but it quickly went away and I chalked it up to the newness of the car. I haven't had it since then, and there doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere. So maybe what you're smelling will just go away in time....?

I asked this on another thread.
Know yours was a cold situation
but maybe mine is electrical or someone
has experienced this also.

Has anyone else noticed an oily (chemical
not gasoline)smell when you accelerate rapidly? Seems almost like fumes from the exhaust are pushed back and get into the AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back