Drove one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the great pleasure to drive one yesterday. The Ford Marketing Manager for the T-Bird and a Ford PR person were on a PR mission through Michigan and made a stop in Grand Rapids (my home). They did a TV spot for a local station (they had a red convertible and a white hard top) and while there was a break in the action, I spoke to the two Ford reps. I told them that I had a blue one on order and wondered if they would let me take one of the cars for a ride. No problem, they said. I took the red convertible and it was AWESOME! Surprisingly quick, smooth ride and handled great. Many double takes from other cars and at stop lights people rolled their windows down to ask me about it. What an ego trip! The Marketing person told me that each Ford dealer gets one car before anyone gets a second one. She did say that the rumor that they are building the yellow in the first half of the model year and the blue in the second half is incorrect. The yellow and blue will not be built next year, however. She also said that any dealer caught price gouging should be reported to Ford and they will lose their allotment of cars for next year. Tell your dealers that, all of you! Hope that saved you some money. Sorry for the long message. Hope it was of some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back