Draw-Tite 24705 Trailer Hitch Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlbjackson

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Hi Everyone - :confused:

I am attempting to put a trailer hitch on my 2004. The hitch that used to fit, the Draw-Tite 24705 was discontinued in 2009. I have searched the web and having a heck of a time finding a 24705. However, a couple sites have suggested that the Draw-Tite 24706 would work as a replacement. It is evidently for a Honda Civic.

Does anyone have experience with the 24706? Or does anyone know where I might be able to obtain an original Draw-Tite 24705? I want to pull a very light and small scooter, so shouldn't do the T-Bird much harm if I take it easy.

Thanks Guys,

Carl Jackson
949-421-8978

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Carl:
Not sure if it will help, but use the search function and query "trailers" and then "tow hitches" and you should find all other related postings.

U-Haul/Draw-Tite 24705 Hitch

I bought a Draw-Tite 24705 hitch from U-Haul in April of 2011. I ordered it online AND at my local U-haul store. I stopped at two or three U-haul stores - one guy said there was one shown "in-stock" in Canada, but he could not have it shipped to the US. My local store said they could order one, so I asked them to order it. They called a few weeks later, and said they couldn't get it. A couple days after that, it showed up at my doorstep - I still do not know if it was the one I ordered online or the one I ordered at the store (maybe they thought they had four different customers looking to buy one?).

Mine has what appears to me to be a date code on the part number sticker, that I interpret as it being manufactured in April, 2011 - so it looks to me like they might still be making a few even though they discontinued it in 2009. Maybe if everyone who wants one would go try to order one, they'll make up another batch?

Good Luck
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back