Does your Tbird have a name?

ak7an
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Was just wondering what other Tbird owners have named there wonderful cars. My wife Kelli and I call my 1964 Bonafyd, plan on getting a personal plate with that on it. Check out my pictures of Bonafyd. Plz share with everyone the names.
Take care and happy cruising.
Ed

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Very nice. I like the little touches you added and that paint is flawless. My wife named our 65 Scarlett.

Since I live in a one plate state I tagged my two with front vanity plates, both on California style plates from the past. My '04 Pacific Coast is "ONTEREY" and my black "03 is DREAMIN but on an old "65 style plate it reads "california DREAMIN"

Cochise -- but only my friends know this. The guy working on the bird for me was a real piece of work. I was telling him how many First People believed in the myth of the Thunderbird. That story, some home made moon shine and an hour later, Cochise came out of the conversation. Terry was the urban dictionary's definition of a Cochise, a bad ass muther with a great talent to work on cars. He died a month ago in a fatal car accident. I am still heartbroken. I new guy is taking over for me, but it won't be the same. Terry used to tell people that the original owner of my '67 slept with Ann Margaret in the back seat. He told me this story one day, and I just stared at him. I said, "why in the world would you say that?". His response? No one in their right mind would put this car back on the road, so I had to make up a story of why someone would dump money into this heap. When the bird is ready to fly, the first tune out of the radio will be Ann Margaret's Heartbreak Hotel cover. Peace and love, happy new year to everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_122553.jpg
    IMG_20201231_122553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201231_122536.jpg
    IMG_20201231_122536.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201231_122457.jpg
    IMG_20201231_122457.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
"Teddy", of course (my daughter's car, so she named it)

Was just wondering what other Tbird owners have named there wonderful cars. My wife Kelli and I call my 1964 Bonafyd, plan on getting a personal plate with that on it. Check out my pictures of Bonafyd. Plz share with everyone the names.
Ed
Just got a 2004. Her name is Babs. My previous 2 cars were Bessy, a 2004 Freestyle, and Betsy, a 2012 Edge. Prior to that, I owned a Windstar, an Aerostar, a Taurus, a Lynx, a '76 Mustang 302/4 speed, a '72 Mach I, and my very first car, a 1967 Dart.

Teddy T-Bird; my daughters name for her ‘55

Ed
Heh...not too original but when I walk out into the garage I always say "Hello, Birdie!" It's a 1964 too!

A few yews ago I took a female friend of mine for a ride to get an ice cream in my 62 Landau. She asked me if I had a name for it and I said no. Well she named it Catherine. And unknowingly to her that happened to be the name of my favorite and special aunt, so it stuck.

Ed
Well she's red and my mom's name was Ruby, so my girl is Ruby Redbird. But when hubby and I are just talking in general and being lazy, we just say "the bird" or "Ruby".

Ed
Just purchased this in New Smyrna Florida. My wife named it Blackbird. Happy belated New Year!!

Sorta sells it all - wife's Valentine's Day present bought 3 years ago!Capture.PNG

Back