Do you really have to sign a waiver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
I do not own a newbird, but I have heard the rumor that newbird owners have to sign a waiver that they will not sell their car in the first year of ownership. Is this really true or just one of those rumors out there ?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

rolleyes.gif
Spiderman, I think some of the people here were ask to sign one but my dealer didn't say anything about that to me.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

My dealer had an allocation of 2 vehicles, unbeknownst to my dealer the person who got #1 of 2 was a broker who showed up with a tilt bed trailer and title paperwork. At this time the dealer refused to sell the vehicle to him unless he signed the no-sale within 6 months agreement. He said this protected him so that he wouldn't lose the remainder of his allocation from Ford. As they knew I had no intention to ever sell my Bird I wasn't required to sign an agreement. I hope this clears up some of the misinformation and rumors.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

The reason that the Ford Regional Managers asked the dealers to have the customers sign the stsatement that they would not resell the vehicle for 6 months was to prevent brokering and the "Stuff" you see on e-bay. A dealership that knowingly sells to a broker can lose their allocation for the balance of the model year. (Some already have). A customer that violates the agreement puts their dealer in jeopardy.

All vehicles must be sold to retail customers and registered, or to other Ford dealers (same restrictions apply).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back