Do battery tenders work on 2002 T-birds?

How old is your battery, it should have a sticker on it with the month/year. If it's older than 6 years, I'd replace it unless you cannot afford it. No reason to wait until the car won't start anymore.
I agree, check the age of the battery. 6 yrs is about the average lifespan I'd get. Also, since our batteries are in the trunk, leaving the deck lid open for the tender lead to poke through allows the light in there to stay illuminated, that may be another reason for the slow change to the green "full charge" light to glow. I stuff a small rag in the opening of the trunk latch trim panel to hold the spring loaded light switch down.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I agree, check the age of the battery. 6 yrs is about the average lifespan I'd get. Also, since our batteries are in the trunk, leaving the deck lid open for the tender lead to poke through allows the light in there to stay illuminated, that may be another reason for the slow change to the green "full charge" light to glow. I stuff a small rag in the opening of the trunk latch trim panel to hold the spring loaded light switch down.
Just shut the trunk. No harm done.

Hello. I'm not getting green charged light on my battery tender. Tested on other cars and it works fine. Has anyone gotten theirs to work? Thanks.

Have used one on mine for years after the original battery died prematurely. Works okay but sometimes takes a couple of days for it to come to full charge (green light).

I may be totally wrong, but I believe the trunk light has a "timeout" feature that's shuts it off after a while. Either way, the voltage coming from the tender will more than compensate for the voltage being used.

Back