Do battery tenders work on 2002 T-birds?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Are you getting a red light? If you are not getting anything you are not getting a connection maybe due to corrosion on the battery terminals. It should work fine just like any other car.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, red light stays on. It appears to be connected OK. Perhaps I'm not leaving it on long enough before reaching my conclusion. I'll leave it on for a few days and see what happens. I was disconnecting because I thought it wasn't working, as the green light appears fairly quickly on my other car.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, red light stays on. It appears to be connected OK. Perhaps I'm not leaving it on long enough before reaching my conclusion. I'll leave it on for a few days and see what happens. I was disconnecting because I thought it wasn't working, as the green light appears fairly quickly on my other car.
Battery tenders work on batteries. It doesn't know what kind of car the battery is connected to.

Yes, I use one on my 2004 I connect the negative to the bolt on the spare as the manual says everything before you plug it in
I use a Black-n-Decker tender on my 04 Silver-Brid when not in use. It works great. I use to go it thru the trunk and all to hook up directly to the battery but now I use it thru the Cig-lighter. That is the easiest way ever and it works. I was able to find a10' tender extension with a Cig-lighter end and now use it, That way, the tender isn't in the car when charging. It sits on a workbench while plugged into the power outlet. Good luck!
41OD04up5CL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a battery tender plus on mine all winter, and even during my driving season, if I know the Bird will just be sitting in the garage for a couple weeks unused.. Mine are hooked up to the plus and minus terminals of the battery.. It does take some times12-24 hours for the battery tender light to turn from red to green.. Even after a drive it may take 4-6 hours for the red light to green.. BTW I always leave a post-it note on my steering wheel when I have it on battery tender life support..

Just yesterday I used one connected to the battery and it worked fine. Battery was almost completely dead so tender had to recycle for about ten minutes but then took hold and within three hours I had the green light. I did have to refresh my memory re instructions by bringing up info for my tender on line.

Hello. I'm not getting green charged light on my battery tender. Tested on other cars and it works fine. Has anyone gotten theirs to work? Thanks.
I use one on my 2002 if it will not be driven for a few days. My Battery Tender came with a lighter plug so I just plug it into the lighter socket and leave it on until I am ready to drive again. Works great and will not overcharge battery.

I have used a battery tender on my 2002 for years. Finally had to replace the original battery in2015!

2004 had it 3.5 yrs. Always had to use tender or it would go too low to start. Got tired of that and $130 later I had a new batt and no more problems.
BTW, old batt was 6 YO. No need carrying a lame horse, IMHO. Cheers

Thanks for responding everyone. It took 48 hours, but it worked. Now it works in a couple hours. I need to be more patient.

Thanks for responding everyone. It took 48 hours, but it worked. Now it works in a couple hours. I need to be more patient.
How old is your battery, it should have a sticker on it with the month/year. If it's older than 6 years, I'd replace it unless you cannot afford it. No reason to wait until the car won't start anymore.

I have a 02 that came with a neat aftermarket tender in trunk. Plug sticks out by spare. Last battery went 7 years----------yes, i know that was tempting fate:) No idea of your issue...

Have same set up on my 02 ---------- battery went 8 years!!!

Back