Did you know? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Did you know?

• Thread starter Thread starter Quickdraw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Things I learned today from the Thunderbird specifications:

1,880 sq in of windshield glass
35.2 curb-to-curb turning diameter
3.0 turns lock-to-lock for the steering wheel
max trailer tow weight 1,000 lbs w/100 tongue weight
body width 72" Length 186.3"
tread width (f) 60.5" (r) 60.2"
curb weight 3863 w/top and 3781 w/o top

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How many square inches of total cool is there?

Sophia, Sophia, Sophia... your roots are showing again.... "Cool" is measured in cubic inches, not square inches, and the specifications have a huge number listed but they break it down in an easier to grasp: "roughly equivalent to a medium sized iceberg."

"roughly equivalent to a medium sized iceberg."

Those figures are for the top on. If you read down the page youll see that with the top down, depending on the tunes and how loud they're played, the numbers get into glacier size.

No, I didn't know the answer but its right there in the specification book. I just don't bother with numbers that have more than nine zeros, and you shouldn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.