Decent price for a Explorer-XLT? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Decent price for a Explorer-XLT?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ticket Ted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
My oldest son wants to buy a 2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 with the following options: I got the pricing from My Ford.com (build your car)

Base Price- $31,875 (V-6)
Trailer Tow upgrade-$150 (Class III)
Power Moonroof-$850
Roof Rail Crossbars-$60
Running Boards-$450
3rd Row Seating-$795
Premium Audio System-$510
Delivery-$645
Total List MSRP-$35,335
Total Invoice-$32,308

I can get the X-plan only if I put the car in my name. No way!! My dealer where I purchased my 03 Bird says he will give me a price of a little over X-plan. Can anyone figure out what the X-plan price would be from these figures. If not, what is a good deal? I want to do my homework and not spend days and miles driving from dealer to dealer since I did this when I purchased my Bird and found the local little guy giving me the best price.

Ticket Ted
2003 Whisper White/White Top Premium Red-Black interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ticket Ted said:
My oldest son wants to buy a 2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 with the following options: If not, what is a good deal?

If you want to teach your son how to get a good deal, find a slightly used 2005 Explorer 4x4. 🙂 Z Plan is the only super deal. I have seen some dealers sell cars cheaper to retail customers than X-Plan using factory to dealer incentives. Don't let X-Plan get your guard down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back