Dealer Price Again

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart:

I have decided to sell my T-bird. I have the number one position at my dealer.

I ordered yellow, premium, hardtop, but there is still time to change the order.

At this point, I haven't figured a price, but I should be able to get $5,000 over sticker, I think, especially since it will an early one.

tom@guntalk.com

Originally posted by TomG:
Bart:

I have decided to sell my T-bird. I have the number one position at my dealer.

I ordered yellow, premium, hardtop, but there is still time to change the order.

At this point, I haven't figured a price, but I should be able to get $5,000 over sticker, I think, especially since it will an early one.

tom@guntalk.com

You sure about that? It would be pre-titled and there are probably going to be enough out there to buy if you look.

There's an Indiana dealer on E-Bay with an auction for how much over MSRP buyers are willing to bid to pay. He has all kinds of non-refundable clauses in this, too.

Seems some of these shysters can't wait to gouge us! Maybe Ford should look into this kind of practice...

Ford IS checking into this. All of a sudden everyone thinks they are in the car business to see how much they can suck out of everyone else. If you ordered on and decide not to take it, fine - let someone else buy it - but what have YOU done to earn one dime over the price? Pretty pitiful in my opinion!
My dealer has absolutely REFUSED to gouge anyone over the sticker price. They have learned the value of building trust and respect within their business! That is what causes me to drive the distance to do business with them! I owned a store for many years. You do not survive by screwing your fellow man (or woman)! Want to make 5 grand - work for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back