Dealer connection search problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

As more people are discovering and using the www.dealerconnection.com services, I have to ask if anyone else is having the same problem I am. The service used to work fine for me, and I have found quite a few cars for the database, but I am having problems now. The first screen of dealers comes up as normal, centered around my town or zip code. I usually open up each dealer in a new window, check their inventory and close each window. When done with the first screen I click on More Dealers, which used to expand the search radius until I would finally give up. This past month or so, however, I have been getting an error that reads:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0d5d'
Unknown runtime error
/Include/Locator.inc, line 1248

I have tried this with my home & work computers, and a fresh reinstallation of Windows 98. I don't remember changing any security settings that might prohibit running VBScripts, other than updating with Microsoft's patches, so don't know if this is their problem or mine. Searching for dealers from the Ford/Thunderbird site brings up a slightly different format search, which will yield 4 screens of dealers, in an expanding radius, but no more without entering new search criteria.

I am a programmer and advanced user, but I confess to having no experience with Visual Basic, scripts or the guts of the Internet, so I am open to any suggestions at this point!

Thanks!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 231K

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't recall the exact error, but yes I have been having problems also, both in Netscape 4.7 and IE 5.5. It won't allow me to expamd my search, so it is probably the same error.

I know that Ford has been doing a lot of updating to their various sites and this may be a bug not yet worked out.

brdman2, I have been having the same problem for about 3 or 4 weeks. So, after the first screen of dealers, I go BACK to the initial screen and just enter another city or town name.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

OK, so it's not just me, but Ford or the webmaster's problem. Thanks for the support! Yeah, I finally figured out that I just needed to enter a new starting city. It was just easier to let the program expand the search on its own rather than keep looking at a map for new search centers. Not that I would admit to getting lazy and letting the machines do more and more of my work for me - heaven forbid!
wink.gif

You folks are the best!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 231K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back