Dealer aceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
W
I am picking up my T-bird today and I feel like an expectant father waiting on child birth. What things on the car do I need to remember to inspect before I accept delivery?

Thanks,

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you are getting the removable hardtop, remove it. Inspecting the cart operation,rollers on the cart and take a good look at the paint and trim on the top,also the mechanical latches.

Then look at the rear deck where the rubber seal touches the paint,if scratched ask for repair and a 3M protective film.

Have them show you how to put the fabric boot on, this is also an area that many have had problems with. Check the fit and learn how to put it on ,take it off.

Go to the soft top operation next, look at the fabric,wrinkles and water have been problems for some, put it up and down a couple of times.

Have the sales staff show all operations of the vehicle next: Radio/CD,seats,wipers,locks,power windows,steering wheel,etc.

Go under the hood, check front edge of hood for paint runs, check all fluid levels.

Now look at paint from bumper-to-bumper. Runs keep showing up at the front lower edge of the doors, run your finger in this spot.

Check for body panel alignment, and make sure no damage was done in transit or during prep, once a dealer closed the hood on a tool and that damaged the hood.

The car should be clean, scratch-free and swirl mark free. Take a second look at paint, carpet, upholstery, dash, glass etc.

If you can, take a car person with you. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

Most dealers will let you bring things up if you miss them within next few days.

Most dealers have a check off sheet for you to sign, and you send a rating of the delivery to FORD, so be as thorough as you can.

Good luck!

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back