Dead space above shifter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd resurrect this topic (previously http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000195.html). Has anyone figured out if something can be done with the space above the shifter. I know some people have installed XM radios (no interest).

Ideally I would love to have a cubby to store my shades. Seems logical that if it's big enough for an XM radio, it could work as a cubby. Obviously the problem is we need a fabricated part that will fit in there. Anybody know someone who would take this job on?

Any ideas???

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

eek.gif
jboriott, yes I could make one for you, I would take some 1/8 plywood of the highest quality and cut and glue with my hot glue gun. Then paint black or line with black or dark gray felt, of course of the highest quality, and just slip it right in that ther slot.I think this would work.

biggrin.gif
Now, yes I think if someone could come up with something NICE. That they just may have a market for it, I know I would buy one. The glove box and the console are very small and don't hold too much.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I wonder what that hot glue would do in the Florida sun?
biggrin.gif
actually I already know. I made a very nice nativity one year - all put together with hot glue - stored it in the attic and the next year had a box of parts custom made to start all over with!

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Yes, then I could take my router and smooth off the edge around your hood.
I also have a welder, would you like anything added to the metal part of the body. We could take some cookie sheets and cut them to fit for fender skirts and just weld them on.

OK I got one for you. How about a NUDO deflector mounted to the front.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

Gobird;

You could use your sawsall to cut out the panel in the dash. And what would you use to trim the hole out with. What else -- Duck Tape!!! As the saying goes down here --
if there's no other way to fix it then --

DUCK IT!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Thought I'd resurrect this topic (previously http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000195.html). Has anyone figured out if something can be done with the space above the shifter. I know some people have installed XM radios (no interest).

Ideally I would love to have a cubby to store my shades. Seems logical that if it's big enough for an XM radio, it could work as a cubby. Obviously the problem is we need a fabricated part that will fit in there. Anybody know someone who would take this job on?

Any ideas???
I’ve looked behind itinerary my 02 T: no room for a cubby, metal framework, only room for optional heated seats switches. I made a cubby with leather wrapped flashing.

Here is what little room is behind there, not much. There is also an electronic module behind there.

bezel4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back