Dead Battery - Trunk access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

One other item to NOT do. Do not leave the hood open over night. I was looking to figure a way to attach the front license plate frame without holes in the front. As there is no light in the hood compartment, I saw no problem in leaving it open. The car would not start the next day. I assume there is a part of the security system with the hood that ran the battery down.

AKBirdie

If the battery runs out with the hood open, how does one store the Bird with a Battery Maintainence unit? I was planning to do this over the winter when I store it. Is it better to forget that idea and just start it every couple of weeks?

Roger:

The battery is in the trunk.

There is supposed to be a battery saver feature that turns off the interior lights or the trunk if they are left on for more than about 30 minutes. I remember there being a thread where some people talked about this months ago.

Jimmy

JF, you are right. I must have been asleep when I talked about the hood being open. It obviously would be with the trunk open. DUMB ME!

Originally posted by RACERROGER:
If the battery runs out with the hood open, how does one store the Bird with a Battery Maintainence unit? I was planning to do this over the winter when I store it. Is it better to forget that idea and just start it every couple of weeks?
Don't just start the car, that will wear the battery down even farther, drive the car for a few miles or just put a battery tender on it

2birdblue: I will be in Boston the last three weeks of August. If we could get us and our birds together, email me:

.....Thanks, 2birdblue; See you in Boston.

Jimmy

-

I disconnected the battery to do some work on the stereo. For some unknown reason I closed the trunk lid. Can anyone tell me how to open it with no power?

I disconnected the battery to do some work on the stereo. For some unknown reason I closed the trunk lid. Can anyone tell me how to open it with no power?
Behind the Driver’s seat there is a manual trunk release that uses your key to activate a cable release.

My 2002 has a key hole behind the drivers seat to open trunk. Just lean drivers seat forward and the key hole is right there

Please use the search feature before posting. This question was first answered almost 18 years ago. Merging with existing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back