Dashboard Cluster....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Here's some info from the service CD: (need to check 9 fuses!)

The instrument panel dimmer switch sends a signal to the instrument cluster which then sends a backlighting intensity and dimming curve command over the standard corporate protocol (SCP) link to the front electronic module (FEM), the audio unit, and the dual automatic temperature control (DATC) module. The FEM then sends a pulse width modulated (PWM) dimming signal to the instrument cluster, the dimmable LEDs, and the dimmable incandescents.

Fault Management
The dimmable backlighting will default to 100% intensity if an instrument panel dimmer switch failure occurs.

Inspection and Verification

Binding or damaged instrument panel dimmer switch

Central junction box (CJB) fuse(s)
13 (5A)
20 (10A)
30 (5A)
33 (10A)
Rear battery junction box (BJB) fuse(s)
10 (30A)
14 (30A)
23 (5A)
31 (30A)
41 (15A)

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq.#7505, blue premium,
partial blue interior, no top, Louisville Ky.

Originally posted by DavidA:
Like ranat1 said .... take it to the dealer and let him fix it under warranty. That's why we have that 36000 miles protected isn't it?

It's a long drive to the dealer for me, why tie up the car for a day, if it's only a fuse that can be changed in a matter of minutes?

fuses don't blow on a new car unless something is very wrong or you did something,(which is doubtful)

This may sound stupid, but have you checked to make sure that the reostat roller switch is not in the off position?

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Hey while I'm under warenty I take it to the dealer for anything because the more that they replace now the less I replace later. Even if it is something simple they tend to replace other stuff as well.

Originally posted by ranat1:
Hey while I'm under warenty I take it to the dealer for anything because the more that they replace now the less I replace later. Even if it is something simple they tend to replace other stuff as well.

I've had my share of dealings with the service dept.I'd much rather do it myself if possible, then have someone working on my car that really doesn,t care if he puts a small scratch, or ding on it. Just the way I feel, but thanks for your advice.

JRL...with all due respect...fuses can blow ANY time....regardless of the newness of a vehicle(or anything that uses them)....and is not necessarily an indication of something seriously wrong.

Fuses are also a manufactured part...and can be built slightly out of spec.Maybe able to pass through simple visual and electrical quality checks before being shipped to thier ultimate destination.And then to simply fail due to it's quality problem.

InfernoRed

HELP......The light on the speed/tach cluster has gone out. Checked the fuse, it's OK. Any other suggestions.
I want to let people know that Wilson Ford in Saginaw Mi. best place to take your car. The put in a new module and now my lights are back. See Mike Schultz for help he is great. Their number is 989-792-1700. The fix is $1400.00.

I want to let people know that Wilson Ford in Saginaw Mi. best place to take your car. The put in a new module and now my lights are back. See Mike Schultz for help he is great. Their number is 989-792-1700. The fix is $1400.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back