Dash Lights Burned Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kokonutgirl

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
I have an 02' Bird that the dash lights no longer work. The fuses and bulbs have been checked and they are fine. Oddly, my airbag light, bright lights indidcator, check engine, etc. light up but the dash itself doesn't.

Needless to say I can't drive at night unless I wear a Miners Hat or hold a flashlight! :eek: Which I had to do last week. I'm guessing it's electrical maybe? Anyone else had this problem and what was the fix? I haven't taken it to Ford yet as that is a last resort. I have a Mechanic friend but he hasn't seen this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dash lights out

Take it to your Ford or Lincoln dealer for diagnosis. It could very well be the front computer control board that also controls engine emissions information
(strange, but true). Good news is, that it's covered under the emissions warranty. If you hurry.

I am having this same problem, I had it at Ford today and they want to send it away to be "rebuilt" to the tune of $1000! So any help on this would be appreciated!

I occasionally have that problem with my '04. Sometimes when I turn on the headlights at night the dashboard lights do not come on. When I turn the headlights back off then on the gauges light up. Never looked into it since happens so infrequently. Couldn't hurt to pull the battery to reboot the electronics and see if that restores them. John

I'm guessing it's electrical maybe? Anyone else had this problem and what was the fix? I haven't taken it to Ford yet as that is a last resort. I have a Mechanic friend but he hasn't seen this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dash lights burned out

Just a side note. I don't know if our experience is related but is interesting non the less.
During cold weather, the headlights do not come on automatically, they have to be manually turned on. After driving a while, then stopping and restarting, all is well automatically.
No tech has ever heard of this.
The dash lights are not effected.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back