Couldn't wait anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a line to get aligned with the Thunderbird Forum. I ordered our T-Bird in 2000 and was put on the list. Unfortunately, the dealer I used only got 2 birds per month and I was bumped by higher ups and those willing to drop an extra $ 10K over sticker. Last week I was at my local Ford dealer and he just got a Yellow bird in for the showroom. The hardtop was damaged so he was willing to let it go for $500 under sticker. Seemed to be in perfect condition so we now own it. Came home in the rain on Saturday. Now I need to learn from the experts. What is a rotation number?
On the register it asks for a another number.
ONthe VIN tag it has the number 5643. Should I be concerned about not getting a hard top?
Sorry about the questions but I need to catchup.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

wajman,
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the board. Just what did the dealer do with the hard top. Ford would pay to have this fixed unless the dealer messed it up. I would try to get the hard top from the dealer and have it repaired under warranty. Your rotation number is located on a white sticker along with the Vin #. This is located on the drivers front fender when you lift the hood. The number you listed sounds like it is the right one.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

rotation number = sequence # ie the order your car went thru the assembly line.

The number is not on your vin tag that's on your dash but on a white sticker that also has your vin# - it is 4 digits long. Most have been on the driver's side front fender, under the hood. There are other tags scattered on your car if you can't find it there.

Your only concern about not having a hardtop is possible resale value in the future. Did he not include the damaged hardtop in the sale? $500 under sticker isn't much of a discount for no top - that only covers replacement with an unpainted hardtop shell and none of the hardware/upholstery/trim that goes on the top. BUT you have a car to drive!

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

tongue.gif
Ok,I'll forgive you this time. But it does sound strange that dealer wouldn't fix the hard top.
confused.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

The deal on the hardtop is that the replacement tops are back ordered 4 to 5 months and they used my top to replace another customer who was waiting for 3 months. In our area, Birds are going for about 5 to 7 grand over sticker if they are in stock. Even at that rate, they don't last long in Chicago. I have the option to get the next Yellow top on a bird for stock. It will cost be $ 1000 instead of the usual $2,500. This puts me at $500 over list. Still not bad considering the car was 2 days old when I got it. I am concerned about resale with no top, should that day come.
Your thoughts?

Thanks

wajman, From what we are able to tell a new top complete is around $5,000 so if you can get one for that price I would jump at it. I do think without one your resale will be less.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Thanks GOBird. I will probable have many more questions in the future. I have a 67 Mustang Fastback and I know what everything does and how to fix it. All I know about this new Bird is there's an engine under the hood and it goes when I turn the key. Nice touch to put the key back in the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back