conv top cover | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

conv top cover

• Thread starter Thread starter scriv
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
got a question for you folks. have a 2005 steel blue Bird and my wife uses it as a daily driver so it sits on the sun with the top down most days at work and the cover is sunbleached and no longer very black any suggestions on what can be used to restore the black color.

Scriv

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If the tops down, how does it get bleached out?

Maybe this will help. The sales manager is Gordon Goodwin, at Haartz. He or possibly someone in customer service may be able to help you. Go to: http://www.haartz.com/en/

Although Haartz did not make the soft tops for our TBIRDS, they did make the material for the soft tops . Let us know how you make out.

Last edited:
george,

its not the top its the tannou cover that snaps over it when it is down

Sorry, I may have mis-read your post. If that material looks the same as the soft top material, chances are it came from HARTZ as well. Proabaly not much you can do to prevent the sun-bleaching, but may still be worth asking Hartz

Last edited:
thanks, surprised no one else has had their tannou cover fade in the sun. had the T-Bird since new and it is my wifes daily driver so the top is down alot during the day until it gets garaged at night.

I'll see what he says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back