coil resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last seen
does anyone know where the coil resitor is on a 67? I think its in the wire from coil to connector .runs along top of valve cover. Is that it? I,m getting a no start condition with full voltage to the coil ,so im thinking the resistor is bad

You are correct the resistor is the wire itself.

But....think what you said here. "I,m getting a no start condition with full voltage to the coil ,so im thinking the resistor is bad"

If you have full voltage to the coil, then the car should run. You have another problem here.

Things to check....Point gap, Dist. cap and rotor, condensor tightly fastnened.

Hello fellow Tbirds. Just bought a 69 Tbird from guy in Denver. Will not start getting plenty gas, checked to make sure timing is right(even removed vale cover to verify valves). Two questions. 1. how much voltage should I see at pos terminal of coil when key is on and when cranking. 2. I put a spark tester on three different plugs set at 10 kv. Got what seem to me a weak spark. move out to 20kv and no spark at all. This is a brand new coil(I put on), the previous owner said cap, rotor and wires are new. Any ideas why it is not starting and why spark is weak? Appreciate any info or ideas.

sorry no to this. I should of created a new thread instead of asking a question on yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back