"Chick" Magnet or "Dude" Magnet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Having been on these Thunderbird boards since last March, I remember a long-running argument in which someone suggested that the T-Bird is only for "chicks," and then a full-out war of words ensued. I just wanted to note that on my Route 66 trip last month, I noted that an equal number of men and women seemed to stare at the car, and that surprisingly, the longest looks I got were from TEENAGE BOYS!!! (And believe me, I don't think they were looking at my 40-something self.) Even little children would wave and follow me around. So it seems that this car appeals to all ages and sexes equally. Has anyone else had any observations?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As a 36 year old single... I'm hoping women not only look at the car, but the classy guy who drives it.

To me there is no difference between a Chick Magnet and a Dude magnet. If a guy drives it and other guys look at it... they're just thinking about getting one to attrack chicks too.
biggrin.gif

I guess you can just call it a "People Magnet"

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

Doesn't matter if it is a chick or dud magnet, it IS THE COOLEST CAR ON THE ROAD RIGHT NOW.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I would agree with the "People Magnet" comment. Soon after I got my car, I received "thumbs up" from 2 kids on a school bus, and about 3 blocks later, another "thumbs up" from an elderly woman on an assisted-living-center bus. I had a great day, and I was all smiles. I love this car.
Hugh in Blue O2

One sunny day on the way to work, not only were young and old taking a long look at the Bird, even a very young 2 year old in a car seat did a turn around second-look at this Award Winning Car!

The guys at the Firestation laughed at that one, some suggested Ford should use that story in a commercial.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

I agree with Paula as everyone looks at the tbird in different ways but the best way I can describe the reaction of people after driving zooomy tbird for a month is that it makes a lot of people smile. And a smile is worth a thousand words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back