CD player

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen Milewicz

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
My other car is a Lincoln LS and that car is so good I decided to get a T bird. I took it in for service this week and one problem I had was the CD player was jammed.
I mention this because the two cars have the same CD player. Many of my CDs were created by me, and I put paper labels on them. Apparantly in the heat the labels buckle and thicken the disks enough to jam up the switch mechanism. If you play homemade CD label them with a magic marker only.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

All the cd label companies (memorex, etc) state they will stay on, but I cannot find one that will. Never put home-made cd's in your machine with paper labels and only burn about 14 songs at most...any more than that has been causing skips. My ford buddies said that the changers are coming in at an alarming rate and any that are found to have paper label damage will be repaired out of warranty...ouch

tleslie,

I don't use paper labels, either. But I do have many, many homemade CDs with 20-30 songs on them, and I have played them repeatedly since November 2001 in my T-bird with no problems. So there is no limit to the number of songs I can put on a CD -- at least in my 'Bird, anyway.

-- Paula

I have found the same skipping problem with disks which are full. If I leave about 4-5 minutes blank (about one less song than will fit), the burned CD always works. It isn't so much a magic limit to the number of songs, just how full is the disk.

Originally posted by JimmyFitz:
I have found the same skipping problem with disks which are full. If I leave about 4-5 minutes blank (about one less song than will fit), the burned CD always works. It isn't so much a magic limit to the number of songs, just how full is the disk.

You can get 99 songs on a CD. They must be very short songs.

hsiegl

biggrin.gif
All I can say is that the CD I made of T-Bird songs had 24 tracks and 8:18 min left on the cd that I didn't use. I put no lables on it and it works fine.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Allen,
This has been a problem with this radio. A very good friend of mine is a Ford Authorized radio repair guy, and he told me that these radios are being phased out. He gets in 8 to 10 a day for the exact problem you experienced. No paper labels and you'll be fine. I still like the single CD player in other vehicles that I own.

I have my CD player loaded with all 6 discs, all burned by me. They have been in there since December, and knock on wood, I have had no problems. I don't have labels on the CDs, and my Fun, Fun, Fun CD (yes, the Beach Boys singing our song 35 times on the CD) plays flawlessly. I did that for when I am offering test rides. The rider is always amazed at how the songs starts when the car does. I love this car.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back