Cargo Retention Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a similar thing at Target, but made of canvass. It was in the Automotive dept., has several pockets, including one long zipper pocket, and has velcro on the bottem so it grabs the carpet. It is about 12 in. long by about 4 x 4. It fits well in the space next to the fenders. I got another for the shelf behing the seats.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back about the cargo net, I have it, and personally, I think it was a waste of the $25 or so bucks it cost. Their are two nets and four knobs that come with it. One is for the truck and is made to HANG in front of the cubbyhole. The other is made to go behind the passenger seat, also hanging from two knobs. The problem with the inside one, it is designed to go over the speaker area, on the cars with out the premium stereo. Next the to mount the knobs, you must remove two of the plastic push in holders that hold the trunk liner in place. I worry that down the road, it may stat to make a noise using two less hold-downs. Only time will tell on this one. I’ll try to take a picture of it in the trunk and the one I did not mount and send it to DOT. I think then she can post it with the other accessories. Good job for Sunday I think. john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Howlee sent me the photos of his nets and I've posted them on the newtbirdata site in the accessories folder/ luggage net folder.

(fixed now
redface.gif
)
------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

-

Howlee: I think you are wrong about the second net. It's mad to go on either side of the trunk lock IN the trunk, not behind the seat. If you pop off two top retaining clips on the grey plastic trim panel at the very back of the trunk near the bumper, it goes there and holds very small items.

-

David, you are right, i just went down and looked at the paperwork that came with the kit. i guess in my hurry to get it done, and disapointment of it not being just what i wanted, i read it all wrong.
redface.gif
Well, now it will give me something to do before going and seing the Scorping King Movie this afternoon.
biggrin.gif
John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

It wasn't what I was looking for either. I was hoping it would attach at the bottom and at the top so it could hold my 'susters'
smile.gif
in the cubby hole. It is better than nothing, however, and all the little bits and pieces should now stay in place.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back