Cargo Retention Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed there is a cargo retention net for use in the trunk. Does anyone have one and, if so, is it useful? Don't have my Thunderbird yet but I find the net in the car I have to be very useful. Wondering if the limited space in the Thunderbird trunk would make a net unnecessary? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I ordered one from my dealer about 3 weeks ago and still don't have it. I thought it would he handy to keep things in the cubby hole instead of them constantly falling into the trunk. I try to keep towels , my Susters and a few other cleaning things in there along with the owner's manual. I'll let you know how it works as soon as I get it.

DavidA,

Why do you keep your susters in the trunk?
What did they ever do to you???

And I thought you only had a bruther.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

I have a suster I'd like to put in the trunk and use that new tape to tape her mouth shut. Unfortunately she is too big and fat to fit in the Tbird trunk.

Originally posted by joelja:
DavidA,

Why do you keep your susters in the trunk?
What did they ever do to you???

And I thought you only had a bruther.

Spelling flame: A posting ostentatiously correcting a previous article's spelling as a way of casting scorn on the author, instead of actually responding to that point (see dictionary flame). Of course, people who are more than usually slovenly spellers are prone to think any correction is a spelling flame. Spelling flames often contain spelling errors. Go figure!

I know some of you folks are new, but spelling errors are acceptable in these type of arenas. People like myself can send up to 200 emails a day, and we could care less if it is grammatically correct. The program checks for errors and sends. WYSIWYG

I hope this is an isolated incident because spelling flames are a pet peeve of mine.

Tbird

Dictionary.com points to---

"There are seven sustren, that serve truth ever." --Piers Plowman.

Do you suppose David has all seven?

Hmmmm. Interesting about flames and sustrens. However, Susters will be susters.
rolleyes.gif
(and I thought Joel was losing it).
smile.gif

-

Sixbits, in case you're still waiting for an explanation - in the context of DavidA's original post I think he was referring to "dusters" as in "California Duster", a moplike handheld brush impregnated with paraffin, for removing dust, lint and other loose debris from the exterior.

Since a day had gone by, I figured he was either too embarassed or exasperated to ask again.
smile.gif
I won't butt in next time, especially if the teasing involves joelja's lack of interest in delivery dates.
smile.gif

tbird - I think there is a big difference between a flame meant to degrade, and exchanges posted in good natured fun. I think this is an example of the "just joshing" category.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Birdbrain,
Thank you. I can't believe somebody actually thought I was trying to flame DavidA over a spelling mistake. That IS TOO funny.

DavidA and I recently drove up to Wixom to tour the factory.....12 hours in the car together. It was on that very trip that he sheepishly confided in me that he keeps his susters, custers, and musters in the trunk. I was admittedly a bit horrified but my feeling was ....different strokes for different folks. (And I thought I was having difficulty with "P60".)

So, after that, we are like "bruthers".

P.S. For those of you who are not.....Lighten Up.

------------------

-

-

You've missed tha main point of all this. If I can keep all the susters, custers, and musters neat in the cubby hole, it will be a whole lot easier to get the car to Luster!
I think I'm going to leave the building, (but only for the night). See y'all tomorrow
biggrin.gif

On a serious note. I picked up a semi-clear plastic storage box at Target for my detailing stuff, it fits perfectly into that trunk cubby. A nice tight squeeze so no shifting.

Got lucky! I'm sure you can find the same one if you look.

NuttyGambler,
what are the dimensions of the plastic box. I would love to get one for the same reasons. Thanks

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back