Car Got Tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my many years of owning cars, I have never seen a transfer pump setup as described in a passenger car.

No surprise if it is not perfect the first go-around software wise.

------------------
Chuck

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am amazed sometimes at how complicated some things can be.

Why did the engineers not place two fuel lines at the two lowest points of the tank,

connect them with a Y fuel line and place one pump vs 2?

Two fuel gauges can accomodate the shape of the tank...

Is simplicity too complicated?

Hmm, not sure about that one, if the flow to the Y was greater than the line capacity to the pump, the fuel would equalize in both tanks, something like communicating vases, no?

The Lincoln LS has the same system. I think the reason you cannot connect them together at the bottom is because the driveshaft goes through that area. By the way, the pumps are inside the tanks.

-

I doubt it is fuel tank related. The computer tries for a low rpm idle. If it is too low the car dies. The little men in the computer caucus and decide that the idle was too slow and step it up a notch so it won't happen again. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

DavidB said in another thread today:

"They also looked into my problem when I ran out of gas on 1/4 tank of gas. They said Ford has issued a bulletin that they are having problems with the two fuel pumps in the gas tank. If a customer complains of running out of gas with 1/4 to 1/8 tank of gas they are to replace the two pumps. These are now also on order so they can go on next week."

FYI

------------------
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back