Car Bra

Status
Not open for further replies.
W
I do not remember a thread on car bra's. Is there one? If not has anyone found a good one yet? Living in Florida has a drawback with the amount of bugs that like to attach themselves to the front of your car.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I bought the one from Ford at a cost of just under $100.00. It fits perfectly, has the T-Bird logo embossed on the front and I think it looks good. I have removed the small one that covers the front of the hood, but will put it back on for travel. I'll post a couple of pictures for you over the weekend.

As I'm picking up my car, I thought I'd see how the "clear bra" was coming. Sadly:
------------
Unfortunately, the dealers here (SAN ANTONIO)have still not been able to make a car available to us. Evidently, the supply of these cars is shorter than I had originally thought. We will continue to communicate with them, though, and hope to have a pattern soon.

Regards,

Tim Hartt
Reflex Enterprises Technical Support
thartt@xpel.com
(800) 447-9928
-----------

Many of us would like one of these.
Can anybody help in or near SAT?

Originally posted by Wudzee:
As I'm picking up my car, I thought I'd see how the "clear bra" was coming. Sadly:
------------
Unfortunately, the dealers here (SAN ANTONIO)have still not been able to make a car available to us. Evidently, the supply of these cars is shorter than I had originally thought. We will continue to communicate with them, though, and hope to have a pattern soon.

Regards,

Tim Hartt
Reflex Enterprises Technical Support
thartt@xpel.com
(800) 447-9928
-----------

Many of us would like one of these.
Can anybody help in or near SAT?

I live in Austin and am very interested in the clear bra, If they can make a payyern in one day I would be willing to let them use my car. I could drive down, spend the day watching the process (and my yellow baby) and return that evening, Who do I need to contact?

Charlie Mitchell

I just got off the phone with Reggie at Reflex Enterprises in San Antonio and made arrangements to bring in my car tomorow from Austin to use to make the 02 bird pattern. He says that they have gotten a lot of calls but have not been able to get a vehicle to use for the pattern development.

I found out that one of our local auto paint suppliers carries a 3-M product that will do the job, at least for the hard top rubbing problem. You have to buy it in sheets, not sure of size yet, then cut it to what you want. I will check this out in the next week.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Here is a company that makes one for the prowlers:

I think they are in OHIO maybe someone close can call them see if they can make one for the T-BIRD.
they charge $65 for the prowler kit.
Kit includes:

1 - Clear Deck Lid ©Premium Clear Protector - Custom Fit to the Prowler.
1 - Bottle of application fluid - Allows working time for proper adjustment and placement of the protector.
1 - Professional Squeegee for a truly invisible application.
1- Step by Step instructions will be provided.

Contact Zole or Steve at Z-Graphics (419) 476-8193 Credit Cards Accepted

Protector shown in black for photographic purposes only

Prowler_Deck_P1.jpg

Prowler_Deck_P2.jpg

-

-

Well, I spent the day in San Antonio at reflex Enterprises and they used my car to make patterns for the invisishield bra and more. Not only did they do the front end but also the mirrors, the door sills, inside the lip of the wheel wells and I even convinced them to do the area at the base of the trunk to minimize scratches when loading and unloading.

I really enjoyed the day working with Matt Lou. They really did a pro job.

The kits should be available as soon as you read this.

I don't have a hard top and they suggested that small blocks of the material could be cut to be placed strategicly around the base of the top.

Go to WWW.XPEL.COM and ask for the 02 tbird specificly.

I checked the www.xpel.com site tonight. I didn't find 02 bird products yet but their website could be lagging behind actual product development. I sent them an email inquiry and will let everyone know when I get a reply.

Went to a local window tint shop this afternoon and asked about a clear film to go under the hard top. He said I was looking for a 3M product. He had a small sample, so we put it on a spot on his truck. It almost disappears once it is rubbed on. I am going back tomorrow with the top rack and we will remove the top and apply the 3M film where the top seats to the body. He quoted $65.00 installed. I will let you know how it works after tomorrow. Main reason I went today is that the top was really making noises driving around town, popping and groaning, it had made noises before, but not like it was today. So I know it had to be moving in-relation to the body, if so it was working on the paint. Plan to wax good before installing the 3M, if dealer says it will be ok.
2/20/02 Tint shop did not receive the 3M plastic on todays UPS run. I asked about waxing before putting on the 3M plastic. he said that he would strip off the wax before installing the plastic, than I could wax over the plastic. Also planning to have plastic behind the rear wheels to protect lowest part of the body.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

-

I love the clear bra (x-pel) on my Miata. you can wax right over it and you have to be right next to the car to see it. I just ordered the whole kit for my t-bird (yellow/white 12126) due on March 10. I'll let you know how the install goes. If you order one from them, they will help you through the process. feel free to use me as a reference and we both will get some perks. my e-mail is dahughes1@*******. Thanks

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back