California Duster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a California Duster for Xmas and the person that gave it to me said to let it sit on some newspaper for a couple of days before using it, something about what it is coated with needing to be absorbed by the paper. Anyone have experience with this?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Haven't bought one of those in a long time but I remember that they had care & use instructions included with the package. I also recall that it said to let the brush air out for 24 hours after removing from packaging before using for the first time. They are a product of California Car Covers If yours didn't come with care instructions, I'd suggest contacting them.

Thanks,

In the process of cleaning up, I found the little instruction card, it apparently had fallen out of the container that the duster was in. It says that it needs to air for 24 to 48 hours before first use and that it may leave streaks the first 2 or 3 uses, after that it will be fine.

Just ordered the duster water blade combo. Never used eather of these before. I take it that the duster is for just light road dust on finish. Any other input.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

I got the mini duster when I got the cover. It says that it works better over time and they are right. I get road dust on my BlueBird and it takes it off and leaves a nice shine behind. It obviously doesn't replace a good bath however.

I have 3 California dusters, 1 for each car. I've learned that you should wrap in newspaper and rubber band for 24 hours, remove paper, and re-wrap in fresh paper for another 24 hours. It will streak a little bit for the first 3 - 4 dustings until duster gets a good coat of dust on it. I keep one in the trunk of the Tauras & T-Bird and one under the seat of the truck. Weather permitting I dust each vehicle every morning before work and every evening after work. It only takes about 5 minutes per car if keep up with it daily. I leave in a dusty climate. Where you live you may not need to dust as often.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon,

My duster has been in newspaper for three days now and I will probably use it for the first time today. What do you do to remove the streaks? The card that came with it said it was coated with pariffin wax. I don't want to rub it off and I should think that the wax would be impervious to water.

I use The Wax Shop's "Slick Stuff". It takes it right off. Slick Stuff is very simular to Meguires Instant Auto Detailer. Just use a good clean terri cloth towel and use either of the above sparingly. I prefer Slick Stuff but both work well.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Jodrod,
Just go to the mall and use it. Pick a car, any car.
smile.gif

California Car Cover's wiper is a wonderful car washing aid. A friend gave me one a few months back and told me that I would think of him every time I washed one of my cars. He was right! The wiper whisks water off the glass and paint without leaving any scratches. One benefit of getting the water off quickly is reducing the chance of hard-to-remove water spots. I've used the wiper on my nicest black lacquer paint job with excellent results. My new Thunderbird loves it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back