California Cruise I -- The Road to Santa Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
i lost a pair of groovy black horned-rimmed glasses on this trip. i had them in my pocket and wondered if anyone might have picked them up somewhere.

matthew

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Matt,

I see you had them on for the group picture right before we left BeBop Burgers to cruise to Stearns Wharf.

You may want to look in all the crevices in the back of the car where the soft-top retracts.

We lost a roll of film down inside the car body, right behind the driver's seat. Standing outside next to the driver's seat, there was a small hole in the metal framing behind the seat area and the soft-top. The hole was just large enough to allow a roll of film in its plastic canister to fall all the way down to the floor pan below the seat area.

We had to use the long straight extension on our vacuum cleaner to lift the canister out through the hole.

I never thought that we could get the roll of film out. But luckily, the film canister did not roll out of sight.

Good Luck on finding your glasses.

I hope you got some sleep!

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

FWIW, regarding a Cal Cruise to Napa:

The Northern California ************************ of America is putting on a Napa Valley Tour on Saturday July 13th. They are eschewing the traditional and crowded tourist spots and concentrating on "some places not on the normal tourist runs". Don't know if you wanted to try to meet up with them or if that time frame will work, but I thought I would throw it out. Further details are upcoming, but you could contact hosts George & Betty Waters in Napa (I can email contact info) if interested.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 231K

Santa Barbara Cruise, late edition - I uploaded more photos to the Santa Barbara album for your enjoyment. That was a great weekend? Did someone mention a gathering in Napa for California Cruise II? I'm ready!
smile.gif
With clear skies all weekend and temperatures reaching the 80's for Easter, I don't think I can wait that long!

tr, et al, we are ready!!
glad to see this post active.
we have been trying to follow developement re: thunder on 66. guess we will have to wait for dust to settle. Sure would like to do some or all. does anyone play golf and drive t-bird?
gene & Karen

Sorry I have not been around lately--been working, darn! Hope everyone had a great Easter.

TR sent me an e-mail regarding The Road to Napa -- California Cruise II. I say right on. I am in trial for most of May and June and will be preparing for it the rest of April.

I'll do my best to get there and I hope to be back on the Board soon.

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

I brought this topic back up to open a discussion for California Cruise II. If we're still thinking about Napa wine country, how about using one of the Mystery Drive locations for a starting point? The Pt. Reyes Winery has a nice, family-run bed & breakfast and I bet the owners would get a kick out of seeing all our birds pay a return visit. I'm willing to help plan the details, but I'd like to enlist the aid of a local member to help. How about it Howlee? Would you like to get together after your Mexican trip to work on a cruise route?

Will do, I get back on the 27th and after a day of catching up here!
biggrin.gif
I don’t know of a lot wineries in that area.(Mystery drive area). There is the cheese factory on the drive back toward Petaluma. To get more into the wine area, we need to go a little farther north for Sonoma County wines or much farther East for Napa county wines. Both areas are fun and have pretty drives. Must warn you though that any winery drives on weekends involve a lot of traffic in Napa County. We don’t go over there very often just because of that.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Check out the 3 new photos I added to the California Cruise I -- Santa Barbara photo page: http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst

Enjoy!

We are ready for a trip to the wine country. How about it tr crusier & Howlee ? There are some fine wineries in Sonoma County!

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

Thanks for the additions, SugarDaddy. Seeing the picture of Howlee holding the sign reminded me that I still haven't returned the promotional materials to Ford. Should I hang onto them for CC II? That would be bad of me, but they would be nice to use for future meets. I might scout the cruise terrain next week. What do people think of the weekend of May 18-19th for another event?

May 18 & 19 is good for us. We don't know area well enough to be of much help, haven't been there for 3 or 4 years. Look forward to it.
gene & karen

Count us in. May 18th and 19th will work for us! We will put it on our calendar.
tr crusier, where do you suggest that we meet?
There are numerous wineries in the Russian River Valley region of Sonoma County.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back