Cabin temp uncontrollable - 2004

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Cruising this summer was fine - temp control seemed fine. NOW, I can't control the temp at all - cold to blazing hot. I get it set then notice that all is off. Set it again - hot and cold back and forth. Anyone point me in the right direction, Please?

Cruising this summer was fine - temp control seemed fine. NOW, I can't control the temp at all - cold to blazing hot. I get it set then notice that all is off. Set it again - hot and cold back and forth. Anyone point me in the right direction, Please?
Doubt this may help, but I was low on coolant and had those symptoms in my Ford Mustang recently . . . Good luck!

You can also first try turning the air all the way hot, to all the way cold several times.

Part numbers
2R8Z-18495. -AA. Valve asy. 259.50
8287. Hose clamp
Labor 393.95
Total 654.44
All done in 2015

Part numbers
2R8Z-18495. -AA. Valve asy. 259.50
8287. Hose clamp
Labor 393.95
Total 654.44
All done in 2015

Sorry that a less-costly mechanic wasn’t available to you.

JW were you able to resolve the problem? I have the same issue on a 2003 model and it has been to the dealership 3 times in a month with no resolution. RRM

Dick, I bought a controller online and it is still in the trunk. Seems the old valve is working okay now - perhaps just from disuse for a period.
Keeping fingers crossed. Cheers

JW, Thanks for the feedback. The cars going into the dealership for another day hopefully they can resolve the issue this time,

Back