brake dust | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

brake dust

• Thread starter Thread starter mnc7174
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Hello, i just joined this forum I have a 2002 T-Bird all black in and out.It was given to me for my 40th birthday by my inlaws in march. It has 15,000 miles on it and has always been garage kept. The hard top has never been off they just liked the vehicle the way it was, anyway I have noticed alot of brake dust on the wheels comes back very quickly after I clean them. Does anybody have any suggestions on other brake pads to help with this problem.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

mnc:
WELCOME to the forum. Many owners have changed to ceramic pads and like them.It also eliminates screeching. A personal choice I guess.
Then there are plates that go in back of the wheel to deflect the dust. A little less expensive😀

OR;one owner says, ""Eagle One" makes a product called "Clean Wheels" that is sold in most auto parts stores like NAPA. Wash your wheels then you spray it on, let it dry and buff it with a soft cloth and it repells the brake dust for up to two weeks. The ads come on Speed Channel early Sunday morning that shows them pouring honey on the wheels and it just runs off."

Last edited:
thanks for posting back George I am thinking of getting pads first because brakes are a little low think they my inlaws drove with the foot on the brake. I checked the calipers and they are not hanging up. Is one company better then another when it comes to ceramic pads and should I find a differnt kind of brake rotor

mnc, good idea. That should help. I have no recommendations and just do not no which may be better.
BTW, I have a friend that changed rotors. He said; "I went with the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors along with the EBC Green Stuff pads. They squealed like crazy. Primary reason was to reduce brake dust which they did. I found myself cleaning the wheels after each drive anyway and couldn't deal with the squealing. So this winter I went back to the stock pads with the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors. Be careful if you go with the crossed drilled rotors and your bird is a daily driver. I’ve seen cracks in the rotors between the holes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back