BRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just tried out Ford's black vinyl bra.
It leaves a large area for small sand and rocks to work under on the hood nose piece and if that's not bad enough, the bra DOES NOT fit with a front license plate!

I will go back to the 3M Invisishield for the hood protection and they also will have a kit that will do tips of fenders and mirrors. The area that gets rubbed by hardtop will also get the 3M cut to fit.

------------------
'56 + NM '02 Birds
'98F250'01 Olds Aurora4.0
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

FDCAPTAIN

Please keep me posted on how the invisishield (3M) works. Is there an entire kit for all of the vulnerable spots on the bird, or do you just order what you need. Please get me some kit #'s and where I can see them at. Many Thanks/// Hope you are enjoying your bird. I still have no vin yet # 7 of 13. Maybe soon !!! Blue/Blue/ Premium w/Blk, acct, pkg. and opt. Performance White Top.

VABIRD02 I will keep you and the board posted.
Talked with makers of the Ford Black car bra protection and they said to cut out the area around the license plate bracket. They also said it should be marked- was not, and that no bra is made for cars with front plates.

Has anyone cut the Ford car bra for the license plate?
I would appreciate help with this,as I feel the lower protection is better than the hood protection and on long highway drives the lower portion would be very protective.

------------------
'56 + NM '02 Birds
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

I have the Ford Bra on my car and like it quite alot. It seems to fit well, and should protect the front from the small sand and stones they put down here in the south when the weather turns foul. If you want to see it on let me know and I'll take a picture and post it. BTW, I like the looks just fine, but my wife hates it.

FDCAPTAIN,
Bras are made for cars with front license plates. LeBra for my '92 Thunderbird has an opening that fits around the bracket (similar to '02 Thunderbird), with a flap that covers the area if no plate is installed. Simply cut the flap if using the front plate. There are also indented areas to be cut out for cornering lights on the front fenders, so I assume that would be similar to what you were told about an area "marked" for plate. So, if the person meant that no one makes a bra for the '02 Bird with a front plate, I can only guess that THEY may not, but I'm sure that someone does. However, bras ARE made for "cars" with front license plates. There are too many out there for the makers to ignore.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 227K

birdman2

I meant only the Bra from Ford and this one supplier. They usually have it marked for front plates, But NOT on this piece. For those interested in the Ford bra it is part Number 2W6Z-19A413-BA.
The worst part about this bra is that to cut it, I feel it will cost $50 to get it sewn and new attachemnt hooks put in places around the front plate.

It is another instance where Ford is ripping off it's best customers. The problems at Ford are so deep it may go under! These situations should never occur and they should bend overbackwards to make things correct in these times of such poor quality at Ford.

------------------
'56 + NM '02 Birds
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back