boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Burbird- Welcome to the Forum. My boot aka tonneau cover was also initially difficult to snap on. It took a good ten minutes of messing with it before we got it fully attached. You will find that after a few times the fabric will loosen and it will get progressively easier. If you absolutely cannot get it to fasten properly, I'd let the dealer do it, leave it on for a few days, and maybe that would do the trick and stretch it enough that you could do it yourself. Also, it goes on easier if you start from the outside snap and move toward the center on both sides.
PK Blue/Full Accent/Blue Top #16336

Make sure the outside edges are tucked under the body. Also, many people did not notice that the figure 8 plastic straps on the boot snaps are there so you can move the snaps back & forth in the slots for alignment purposes. Once snapped then can rotate plastic straps out of view under boot.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Good advice. It took me awhile to figure out just what you are suggesting. HAVE TO HAVE THE ENDS OF TOP TUCKED
Originally posted by LON O'CONNELL:
Make sure the outside edges are tucked under the body. Also, many people did not notice that the figure 8 plastic straps on the boot snaps are there so you can move the snaps back & forth in the slots for alignment purposes. Once snapped then can rotate plastic straps out of view under boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back