Board - wait - reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NuttyGambler

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Just got done reading posts from people who are stil waiting, and reflected on my wait, or all us 1 of 1 or #1 people who waited through the delays in shipping and corrections.

Man I feel for ya. I still am not so sure this board is helpful in the wait though. It is like if you don't think about something it happens much quicker. Time moves so quickly unless you are watching the clock.

Not sure what I am saying, just reflecting, and letting you who don't have your car yet. It is worth it, and once you get it, you will actually be glad you waited because it makes it all the more sweet.

------------------
tbird.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dear "waiters":

I couldn't agree more. I ordered mine 14 months ago, took a test ride when a demo got to town, loved it, but got tired of waiting and purchased a Benz.

Six months of the Benz was still not a Bird...got a call a Bird came in and was available six weeks ago, so I bought it and there is NO comparison. YOU WILL LOVE YOUR CAR.

I go out to the garage still after six weeks and just sit in it. When your's arrives, you will see what we mean...

It IS worth the wait...

As I'm sure you know, I'm still waiting. I feel this board has been a great help to me, even if I don't have my T-Bird yet. All these postings have given me new insight as to what to check upon delivery, and to make sure I don't have the problems that many of the first birds have had. I check this site several times a day, and post information that I feel is important. Thanks to all for this forum.

-

Maybe I better clarify. The board is wonderful for information, meeting new people and exchanging ideas.

My only point is the "checking many times a day", in retrospect maybe added to how LONG it seemed to take.

All who have their car,
I think you're all putting us 'stiil waiting' buyers on about how the wait is worth it!!!!!! If we (Dot and I) want to go cruisin' we are currently stuck with only 4 choices of which convertible to drive. If we had the new T-Bird, we'd then have 5 (five) choices. The wait for the new car and the indecision about which to drive with what we have is very heartbreaking......
But we are getting closer to getting the new car. Dot won't let me near the computer at home because she is hooked on this forum. We need another convertible to go cruisin' in and get her away from the 'puter !!!! We have now been 14 months since ordering (in a few days).

George,
'57 T-Bird
'89 LeBaron Conv
2 - '89 Chrysler TC by Maserati conv.
1 with auto, 1 with 5sp standard.

HA! George is leading you guys on! - we may have 4 convertibles but 1 is in storage and 1 sits in the garage with layers of dust and a front end that still needs some tweaking. He won't run around in my convertible anymore - prefers his little Ranger instead so that just leaves us with 1 convertible right now to run around in together - the 57. But he's right, we will have to pick and choose when the new one comes in. We won't be in the same boat that most of you are in - ie - no choice. I had my thrills when we got our 89 Chrysler LeBaron conv. new, so I know the "big grin"
biggrin.gif
feeling - there weren't many new convertibles available in 89. We're so used to the 57 ( had it for 27years), that I rarely notice the people gawking at it. Maybe this one will get us to watching again??

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

oh! and George is leading you astray about the computer too - he won't use it because he uses a different system at work and can't seem to get the hang of the keys & mouse on this one.
wink.gif

Another reason I won't use the home computer is the one I have at work has a T-1 connection to the internet. That's 256 Kbytes per seconds, faster than DSL, cable or ISDN. Iclick on something and its there RIGHT NOW !!!!!!.
George,
Back to the topic.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back