Bird Bras

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I decided to get a bra for my yellow premium T-bird after having "thousands" of love bugs hit my car. After some deliberation, I went ahead and purchased the stock, black bra from Ford. It cost me $125.00, including tax in Louisiana. After struggling with putting it on the first time, I have had no problem since, and am content with the fact I got the stock bra from Ford, knowing it will on be on my hood during bug season, and when I make an extended road trip.

I picked up my stock bra for my yellow/yellow premium last night. Will try to fit it this weekend even though I only plan to use on long trips. Paid $96.00 for mine including tax. Ford Dealer Principal & General Manager are both in our local T-Bird Club and give the members a decent discount on parts, accessories, & new cars.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Originally posted by pkboyd:
After some deliberation, I went ahead and purchased the stock, black bra from Ford. It cost me $125.00, including tax in Louisiana. After struggling with putting it on the first time,

I have had my stock Ford bra for a few months now, yep pain in the butt to put on. It does get easier though, takes me 5 minutes now. Actually fits very well, looks good. I mentioned this before, but put a good coat of 303 Protectant on it and you can clean the bugs off with a damp cloth.

Got my stock bra as "part of the deal" when I bought the car. I'm a firm believer that any wear that a good fitting bra will cause is much less than what a million bugs and rocks will do. The T-bird emblem on the stock bra really sets it off, too.

Be sure to wax well under it and especially at the edges (wear points). Always take it off to dry if it gets wet and check under it periodically to make sure a rock hasn't worked its way up from bottom side. It will cause abrasions if one gets stuck in there.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back