At last, I've got a Thunderbird (2002).

I plan on putting around 5,000 miles per year on my car...figure that'll get me to 100,000 in 15 years. At which point I'll be too old to drive and gasoline powered cars will be illegal...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

In 1970, after my ex brother in law gave me, then took away (while I was getting my drivers license), a 1960 white with blue interior Tbird, I swore I'd someday get one. After searching on and off for several years, I decided on the retro look with technology. Purchased yesterday, delivered today, 2002 torch red, with 7K miles, from Sands Ford in Red Hill PA. Great experience: dealer owned car, in the Sands family since day one, garaged, mint. Was able to get a three year 24K bumper to bumper warranty, and they delivered the car to my home at no charge (50miles)! Has tonneau boot, car cover, top holder, window sticker, all manuals and intro CD still in package. Has the retro black, red, silver interior with white gauge cluster. Car is immaculate. I had ideas as to how I would customize this car, but after seeing it today, I am leaving it stock.
Congratulations! I had to sell my Tbird a few years back and I pine for that 2003 every time I see a Tbird on the road. One day I'll get another... Enjoy!!

In 1970, after my ex brother in law gave me, then took away (while I was getting my drivers license), a 1960 white with blue interior Tbird, I swore I'd someday get one. After searching on and off for several years, I decided on the retro look with technology. Purchased yesterday, delivered today, 2002 torch red, with 7K miles, from Sands Ford in Red Hill PA. Great experience: dealer owned car, in the Sands family since day one, garaged, mint. Was able to get a three year 24K bumper to bumper warranty, and they delivered the car to my home at no charge (50miles)! Has tonneau boot, car cover, top holder, window sticker, all manuals and intro CD still in package. Has the retro black, red, silver interior with white gauge cluster. Car is immaculate. I had ideas as to how I would customize this car, but after seeing it today, I am leaving it stock.
Good luck with it,,,I saw it on line,,,looked great and very low mileage...I purchased a 2002 torch red one last June,,,,found it in Warminster,,love it, getting white walls from Coker after the winter,,have fun

I used to own a 2002 Thunderbird (Torch Red). The gas filler cap was on the left (drivers side). I now have a 2003 Thunderbird also Torch Red. The gas filler cap is on the right (passenger side). The photo of your car shows the gas cap on the right. I think maybe you need to check manufacture date

Good luck with it,,,I saw it on line,,,looked great and very low mileage...I purchased a 2002 torch red one last June,,,,found it in Warminster,,love it, getting white walls from Coker after the winter,,have fun
Thank you. Warminster PA is very close to us. Will be looking for TBird shows in the area, this Spring.

Congratulations!! You will love it, I have had my 2005 for several years and love to drive it around town, or just set and look at it. Good Luck.

Congratulations!! You will love it, I have had my 2005 for several years and love to drive it around town, or just set and look at it. Good Luck.
I love to kick back and look at my cars. Sat afternoon relaxation therapy: Cigar, ice cold beer, look at car.

One of the most polarizing car designs in recent history IMO - a love it or hate it deal...

Some of my Corvette pals think its sexy but under-powered; others have made these comments:
"It looks like a catfish coming down the road"
"The interior looks like a circus inside" (I have the red/black premium interior)

I just laugh it off and drive on..

One of the most polarizing car designs in recent history IMO - a love it or hate it deal...

Some of my Corvette pals think its sexy but under-powered; others have made these comments:
"It looks like a catfish coming down the road"
"The interior looks like a circus inside" (I have the red/black premium interior)

I just laugh it off and drive on..
I have a corvette also. C6 vert. Used to have a C5. People haven't seen a cheesy interior until they've sat in a C5. I have the red/black interior also. I love it. It's supposed to have a touch of retro. For those retro corvette lovers out there, take a closer look at some of your interiors.

As regards the catfish, yes, I agree. I cannot get used to the grill. Like everything else on the car. Am getting a mesh grill, today in fact. Might change the wheels for personalization reasons alone; find nothing offensive about the chrome 7 stars.

As regards the power, good enough for me. Not trying to prove anything to anyone on the road. I own a 400HP vette, used to own a 300HP twin turbo 300ZX, own a lincoln MKT ecoboost twin turbo, owned a C5.

Actually, I think my Lincoln is faster than the lot of them, with the possible exception of the C6.

I don't play games around town. Like to accelerate getting on the expressway, will open up a little on the expressway, around town I think people who endanger others should be thrown in jail, which automatically gets about 70% of mustang drivers off the road.

As for the sound, I like the TBird sound better than the vette. (stock exhaust)

In 2002, outside of the retro market, I'm not sure there was a market for the T-Bird. However, Hagerty valuation shows that the 2002-2005 are increasing in value. For comparison, Hagerty shows the Cadillac XLR, a car made around the same time, which also never achieved the desired sale numbers, continuing to lose value.

Why did I get mine? Was looking at a bunch of different makes. Then saw a T-Bird on Bring a Trailer that was customized and lowered. From the side profile, the car screamed "muscle-car." So, decided to look at a few. The real thing looked small enough to be a sports car, but, yes, at the same time has a muscle car look. That was what clinched it for me. Also, I loved the red and black interior.

Back