Anyone seen this special modified T-Bird? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Anyone seen this special modified T-Bird?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jasper
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

love that mesh grille

These guys have some neat trick parts. I am going to check out that grille option and stereo upgrade option since the factory unit controls the alarm. Thanks for the link...

Flair

I see they are selling the supercharger for 5,000. Has anyone else ever priced one for another vehicle? I don't think they are normally as much as that, right?

Interesting that they chose the carbon fiber dash kit....that's what I put on my MS Grey, I really like the look. Since the MS Grey isn't a "retro" color, I might consider changing the look of the grill, too. I hate drying all those honeycombs on my grill every time I wash the car!

this special modified T-Bird

Am I missing something here, went to the site and there was no grille listed. That is on my high priority list, so therefore am seriously interested in getting anything to replace the egg crate.

2003 Grey/Black

hambone said:
Am I missing something here, went to the site and there was no grille listed. That is on my high priority list, so therefore am seriously interested in getting anything to replace the egg crate.

2003 Grey/Black
I like the grille as well and was disappointed they did not list it.

When you say "eggcrate" are you reffering to the foam behind the grill, or the grill itself? If you're talking about the crap behind the grill, it's there for impact resistance. I had been toying with the idea of replacing the grill.

I started looking at 1955-57 era Corvette grills since the cars clearly have a similiar look, and the size may be close, but I never got any further then looking up the prices on E-bay and in Hemmings. Does anyone by any chance have a vintage vette or access to grill sizes?

I just so happen to have an 2002 T-bird gill off the car that I can make a template for anyone that would like it.

Since the current grill is lightweight plastic/chrome, and merely "clipped" onto the plastic bumper cover, I'm not sure how much infrastructure work (if any) would be required to support a heavier metal/chrome grill.

Even if you don't care about the impact protection of the foam (eggcrate) I wonder if it provides any support for the nose assembly/gill.

Eggcrate refers to the shape of the openings in the grill, not the impact foam behind the grill....

I too want the custom grill...has anyone called this company for a price?

Todd

$600 for the mesh grille

Folks,

I spoke with Alex Hazzard today at Special Vechicle Concepts. Stated that the price for the grill is $600 + shipping. Also said that it takes about 4 hours to install. The front nose clipped must be dropped from the vehicle as the grill is mounted from the rear.

I intend on purchasing one, but I am only slightly handy with wrench. I'm going to find a body shop to tackle this task for me. May be a good time to have some touch-up work done on the front end as well.

Off to Carlisle Ford Nationals this weekend!

Todd

FYI.....the paint on the nose comes off REAL easy when it's off the car. Just setting it down on the garage floor and slighly rolling it created tons of scratches in the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back