Any updates of future of the bird? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Any updates of future of the bird?

• Thread starter Thread starter FordMan21
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F
Has there been any more news lately on what Ford has in mind for the T-bird after the 05 model year? I hope they will come out with a 4 seater version.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Its not clear if Ford will continue making the current Thunderbird into 2006 or 2007 but for sure there wont be a four seater that soon.

Future of the T-bird

The latest direction is to have the T-bird finish up it's cycle at the same time the LS does (2007 MY). This is in a large part due to the plant capacity at Wixom Assembly. The body style will not change between now and then, if you want a 4 seater you'll have to wait until (if and when) then nameplate is resurrected.....

2005 colors

I'm not sure if this was posted earlier, but there was a press release on the colors for 2005. They are:
Evening Black
Platinum Silver
Torch Red
Medium Blue
Bronze

Can they really wait that long on the LS

In todays market, the design is outdated so quickly.

At intro the LS wasn't a breaking design, it was just breaking for
a Lincoln. Figured they would have to jump sooner considering
the younger market trying to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back