Almost lost it.. | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Almost lost it..

• Thread starter Thread starter Skylark
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I were returning from a trip to the beach where we had been "making memories" with our Grandchildren. We were on I-75 in north Atlanta driving in the middle lane of of a five lane expressway when a kitchen cabinet counter top came off the back of the truck in front of us. With no where to go, traveling near 70 mph, all I could do was hit it. Fortunately, it wasn't airborne when I hit it with the right front tire. The tire exploded...
A GDOT (GA. Dept. of Transportation) truck was in the lane to my right. He saw what was happening and helped open a lane for me to get to the emergency lane. The GDOT truck stopped and assisted me in changing the tire and inspecting as best we could for additional damage. I felt it was safe to drive a couple of miles to Teems Ford in Marietta, GA. They did a thorough inspection and could find no damage undeneath the car. The wheel was checked and no damage found. After $220 for the new tire and the inspection we were on our way. I was amazed at the way the car handled with a blown tire. It felt almost normal. All you guy's that are thinking about changing the suspension on your car, I will vouch for it being great "as built."

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Glad you, your wife and your T-Bird are OK. As for your final comment about these cars being just fine "as built" I say "right on!!"

Thanks Skylark, good report about the suspension. Sure glad no one was hurt and that the Bird survived to take flight again. 😀

You might be a redneck if you move using a longbed truck....

So Junior.. Have you learned your less about following trucks with stuff loaded on them? hehe

tbird said:
You might be a redneck if you move using a longbed truck....

So Junior.. Have you learned your less about following trucks with stuff loaded on them? hehe

You can always expect to encounter idiots hauling unsecured loads. The T-bird is a great driving machine and I will not let it sit in the garage growing old just so I can say "ain't got a scratch on it." Grandpa Redneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back