All season tire recommendations 2002

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys! I am looking for a set of all-season tires for my 2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe. A friend told me to get Toyo Tires' Proxes 4 Plus. Is anyone here familiar with it? Any other suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forum, please choose a meaningful subject and include the model year for best results. I've updated "Tires" for you. Thanks for posting.

My suggestion is to avoid "performance" tires. And Michelin's in general, they're ratings aren't that great. I bought a set of "touring" tires and the ride is so much better!

I had BF Goodridge installed. They seem to be prone to flat spots that take 7-10 miles or so to smooth out - wouldn't get those again!

Hey guys! I am looking for a set of all-season tires for my 2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe. A friend told me to get Toyo Tires' Proxes 4 Plus. Is anyone here familiar with it? Any other suggestions?
Continental DWS are without a doubt the best tire I've ever had on the Bird. Currently running Coopers that were ridiculously cheap. They are summer tires (which mean dry only to me) . Any ALL SEASONs are the way to go IMHO!

I'll throw my 2¢ in on this...

I've used Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S PLUS on all of my cars after reading a ton of reviews on differing tire options. I have them on a 2008 300C and 2014 Mercedes S-550 as well. They are SUPER QUIET (which is a HUGE plus with a convertible), and ride spectacularly. They are an all-season 'Grand Touring' tire as opposed to a sport tire, but I have never noted any issues in performance or weather. I have referred them to many friends (and clients) and have only gotten positive feedback. I highly recommend them.

Though I love mine, I would not recommend driving this car in the snow to begin with....

Though I love mine, I would not recommend driving this car in the snow to begin with....
Well for me all weather means driving it in the rain a few times a year. I consider clouds to be a bad day.

I just put a set of Michelin Defenders on my 05. Haven't lived with them for very long but they look good are very quiet and are a highly rated "touring " tire.

Back