Accidents do happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thenewtbird2

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
This month, I've received notice from 2 different owners about 2002 Thunderbird accidents. 1 - a rearend collision in Florida - car is being repaired - no injuries
2 - roll over in Washington State- no injuries (swerved to miss a deer) - no determination yet on whether to total or fix - car was brand new, they had only had it a couple of days. Get this - top stayed on during roll over!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Wow.. The top stayed on!

I'm very impressed, but now it has me wondering about what would've happened if the top was not on.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
Waiting for #9476...

TBIRD II , I also drive a 1973 MGB. You don't think about those kind of things.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery Date SOON!!

Makes me wonder what else might have been going on. When we went to NC in Oct. I took the Bird on the mountain twisties at substantial speeds and the car was very stable.

And as Gobrid says, you don't think about that. I have had two Mustang GT convertables and if you let that bother you, you won't want to drive the car.

I agree. This is my second convertible, and as you said, you don't think of these things.

However, if I had to make a guess, given the same situation with the top down, the driver may have been less agressive avoiding that deer.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
Waiting for #9476...

Granted do not have first hand info but...

My roommate (while consulting), his step father is an insurance agent in North Dakota, and a guy got hit good on the side in December after only having the car two weeks.

What he is doing driving it in Dec. in ND is beyond me. But MAN that would really stink.

The agent was surprise that the parts were not too bad priced, with the exception of the windshield. Big surprise there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back