Accident- Total Loss, Value question | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Accident- Total Loss, Value question

• Thread starter Thread starter Pete
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accident

I have contacted AARP to request their input. Initially, they have never heard of the FBIC; Hartford has an excellent reputation with AARP (millions of members); and they support members who may have grievances with Hartford.
AARP management is now looking into this and there may be an article on this subject in an upcoming issue of the AARP magazine.
Discussed this with another person who is a Human Resources Director and deals with Life, Health and Auto insurance routinely...comment is that Hartford has an excellent reputation.
Putt

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Putt said:
I have contacted AARP to request their input.

Yeah, State Farm played dumb too when I asked them about it. Still switched, after all, what is the purpose in taking a chance? I'm certainly not going to take serious the rebuttle from the people I am buying the product from what they think about their own product, but I was still curious what they had to say in rebuttle.

Accident

TBird,
AARP is not the insurance company. Talking with them and getting their view as an independent resource is a logical approach to understanding the differences of opinion expressed in this forum. AARP's reputation is on the line with their membership for any product or service they endorse.
Getting an independent view from a person I know very well who deals with insurance companies daily is a reasonable approach. This person is very adept in the claims arena and treats all insurance companies and agents with a great deal of skepticism.
I will wait for additional feedback from AARP and let you know what they say.
Putt

Are you telling me that AARP receives no monetary benifits for referrings it's members over to a specific insurance company?

The point I am trying to make is simple. Going to someone who has a financial gain or other type of benefit sort of seems futile.

I think this is why consumer reports does not allow advertising.

Thanks for all the input. Progressive was actually very good in handling my claim. It took a little while for them to deem it a total loss but they did give me a fair price for it. They valued it at above $25,000. Not bad for a car that I've had and enjoyed for 4 years and paid only $36,500 for (no hardtop).
Thanks.

Pete said:
Thanks for all the input. Progressive was actually very good in handling my claim. It took a little while for them to deem it a total loss but they did give me a fair price for it. They valued it at above $25,000. Not bad for a car that I've had and enjoyed for 4 years and paid only $36,500 for (no hardtop).
Thanks.

Over $25,000? Sounds like you made out - you should be able to buy a 2003 or maybe even a used 2004 bird for that money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back